25 year old mum of 2.. determined to lose this weight! !

Options
Hiii my names Becki and I'm 25 from the UK. Weight has slowly crept up since I had my daughter in 2011 and now I'm totally upset with my weight and image. So I know it's time to do something about it before I totally hate myself. I'm hoping to lose 3 stones.
Just looking for some people in a similar situation to myself to share the journey with share weight loss and goals etc.
Thankyouu Becki xx

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Hi Becki! :]
    I am also from the UK! Good luck, you can do this!
  • beckibloo03
    beckibloo03 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hiii.. I hope so! I'm thinking of maybe doing a couple of days fasting (500 cals or less) just to try kick start. If you don't mind me asking how is your weight loss journey? What did you start at? What are you now? And how long has it taken? My problem is I want results and people to notice in "my" time haha which is clearly in realistic. This time I'm just going to let it happen in its own time xx
    Good luck to you too
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Hiii.. I hope so! I'm thinking of maybe doing a couple of days fasting (500 cals or less) just to try kick start. If you don't mind me asking how is your weight loss journey? What did you start at? What are you now? And how long has it taken? My problem is I want results and people to notice in "my" time haha which is clearly in realistic. This time I'm just going to let it happen in its own time xx
    Good luck to you too

Eating 500 or less won't kick start the process. Just be eating at a calorie deficit, you're starting and your body will be aware of it. My weight loss journey has pretty much finished. I've lost 32 lbs and I'm now focusing on burning fat and gaining lean muscle - so I'm eating at maintenance and weight lifting 4 times a week. To lose my 'weight', it took me around 4-5 months. Some people haven't noticed, some have - this is about how 'you' feel. I lost my desired weight and I could have just stopped there but my body isn't firm and no amount of weight loss will let me look how I want to look - hence why I need to weight lift for the 'definition' :)
  • hamlet1222
    hamlet1222 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    another strategy is just to eat the calories that provide a maintenance level at your target weight. It might be quite a big deficit now, and weight loss will get slower the nearer you get to your target, but the big advantage is you don't have to come off this diet and start eating more when you're make it there - you're already used to eating what you need for your weight.