I'm miserable

I'm lost over 60lbs and I feel horrible. I can't eat anything I want because I get really scared, I'm very strict with what I eat. I'm even scared to take of bite of anything that is fatty and filled with sugar and If I do I get depressed for a couple of days.

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    It might be time to seek professional help. Eating food shouldn't make you depressed for days. Good luck
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    I'm lost over 60lbs and I feel horrible. I can't eat anything I want because I get really scared, I'm very strict with what I eat. I'm even scared to take of bite of anything that is fatty and filled with sugar and If I do I get depressed for a couple of days.

If you are losing weight, you are succeeding. Why would you be afraid to eat? As @Ready2Rock206 says, you may need some professional advice on this one. It sounds like you've developed an unhealthy relationship with food.
  • Agree with the above post. If food is causing that much anxiety, you should talk with a professional.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Yes seek help and we will pray
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    It might be time to seek professional help. Eating food shouldn't make you depressed for days. Good luck

Agreed. Food shouldn't make you feel afraid or depressed for days.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    I'm sorry your feeling this way. Hugs !
    Food shouldn't bring on these types of feelings. Treats are okay in moderation.
    I have to agree with the other posters that it may be time to speak with a professional about this. This could be a sign of an eating disorder. So its best to try to nip this in the butt as fast as possible. Please make an appt to speak with a therapist, counseler, or doctor asap. Its truly best to sort this as fast as possible.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member

I'm with the others on professional help. I reached a point in the middle of my weight loss where I developed a bad relationship with food and hadn't realized it until I broke into tears in a restaurant. I spoke with my therapist and had to relax my expectations and take a bit of a diet break. This isn't something you need to take on alone. You deserve to not be miserable all the time.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    You need professional help. Get an appointment with a therapist.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Hi Monica, those feelings are not normal, but the first step is to admit that you have a problem, so you are already on the way to recovery! MFP has a help page here: https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1575987-eating-disorder-resources
    What Healthy Eating Looks Like
    Eating a variety of foods
    Enjoying food without guilt or anxiety
    Eating when physically hungry
    Eating until satisfied, but not overly full
    Enjoying treats and comfort foods on occasion
  • sarahschofield55
    sarahschofield55 Posts: 3 Member
    Don't ever deny yourself of something that is a one away ticket to a food obsession, you've done some amazing work so far losing all that weight maybe now is the time to reward yourself with a little treat every now and then! But just because you have a couple of chocolates or a glass of wine doesn't mean you'll all of a sudden gain all of the weight back, everything in moderation and balanced with a healthy diet and you'll feel just as amazing as I am sure you are!
  • tryin2die2self
    tryin2die2self Posts: 207 Member
    I am going to chime in on seeing a doc.

When I weighed 160 lbs and 15 percent body fat... I still saw a fat person in the mirror. Lots of anxiety and self hate about my body image. Talking with a professional and the support of my team helped a great deal.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    my dear, like the others said time to get help. you have done so well losing the weight and it sounds like you need help learning to relax a little.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Since you're only halfway--according to your ticker--you can't go on like this. Get help, so you can enjoy life and your weightloss. Good luck. :)
  • andrikosDE
    andrikosDE Posts: 383 Member
    Are you a person who understands numbers and believes in science?

If so, I have a super simple solution for you...

Those 60 lbs of fat (mostly) you LOST (congrats!) represent 210,000 (!!!!) kcal of eating over your TDEE.

Do you really think you can overeat that much before you realize you need to control your caloric intake?

If so, seek professional help.

If not and you have faith in the scientific process, I say, eat away, enjoy your life and leave the woo for people who are still saying "But I watch what I eat, how come I'm not losing weight?".

Best of luck. You don't need our prayers.