Question

Options
Has anyone's body detox when start a new dust ?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    No. Our bodies "detox" all the time. Going on a diet won't cause a "detox."
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    What? My body's organs filter out toxins every day, if that's what you're asking.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    leah_8303 wrote: »
    Has anyone's body detox when start a new dust ?

You mean this?

il_570xN.723854265_niig.jpg
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Did you mean when starting a new diet?

"Detoxing" is a fad. Not at all necessary if you have good kidney & liver function.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    No, but then I don't start and stop diets, either, at least not since joining MFP 4.5 years ago. Your body doesn't need to "detox". The whole concept is a construct of the diet industry in an effort to separate you from your money. Your kidneys and liver do a great job of detoxing your body on a daily basis. If you really needed a detox, you'd have much more serious problems than being a few pounds overweight.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    The thing about detoxes is that people think they they jump start weight loss because, in most cases, when you do one at the beginning of a weight loss plan, you will lose weight. Sometimes a lot of weight. But they are a perfect example of correlation not equaling causation. Most of the detoxes I've seen have you eating at or below the 1200 calorie mark. That calorie level is diet level for most full grown adults. Eating at that level, no matter if what you're eating is food prescribed by a detox or just a reduced amount of your normal everyday foods, is going to lead to weight loss.

In addition, the first few weeks of a weight loss effort are usually exceptional weight loss weeks due to the initial whoosh of water weight. It's common to lose at a rate that exceeds the weekly goal that you chose in your MFP profile. You may even lose 2-3 times that goal in the beginning. After that, though, it all evens out. People conflate this initial flush of water weight with the detox and think that the ingredients in the detox's foods/drinks have special weight loss properties.
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Your body detoxes everytime you go to the bathroom. In with the good (food) out with the bad (bathroom) lol
  • suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Its more important to eat sufficient fibre, then you will be 'regular' with the bathroom...no need for commercial detox stuff.
  • leah_8303
    leah_8303 Posts: 28 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    No. Our bodies "detox" all the time. Going on a diet won't cause a "detox."

Thanks . I started a new diet lost a pound just started it few days ago had dieareah my mom said my body could be detoxing
  • leah_8303
    leah_8303 Posts: 28 Member
    Options

Thanks . I started a new diet lost a pound just started it few days ago had dieareah my mom said my body could be detoxing

You can use BBCode in your post.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    It could be due to a stomach bug or as simple as just changing your diet. Your body is always "detoxing".