No added sugar cereal.....

Options
Whats your favorite no sugar cereal? I'm trying to cut all added sugar for a bit because i think it may help my sugar cravings. Looking for a good breakfast cereal i can bring to the office with me. :)

Replies

• healarue
    healarue Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, i just found a no added sugar cereal, Swiss Muesli from Familia. It is good, i like it with coconut milk and warmed up a bit. Are you still on the no sugar kick? I have dropped 98% of all added sugar out of my diet for the last couple of weeks and I am looking for some friends that might be interested in doing the same or have been doing the same. Thanks, and I hope this helps, hope you are well!
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Ezekiel is hands down the best. High protein and fiber without the sugar. You can add your own sweetener or fruit if you want. It definitely is a different taste so you may not like it ;) I also use it to coat chicken in for a fried chicken taste (I bake it in the oven).
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I used to make a cereal with chia, seeds, hemp, cocnut and dried fruit for extra sweetness. I tried copying "Holy Crap" cereal, which I found tasty but expensive.

For less sugar, skip or reduce the dried fruit.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Colon Blow
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I love just plain Kellogg's Corn flakes. Not because of the no added sugar (I don't monitor my sugar intake) but because it's just good.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming with the "take to work" thing you are looking for cold cereals?
    Holy Crap
    Spoon sized shredded wheat
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of this decades version of Colon Blow and came up with Fiber One. Toilets ought to have seat belts for that stuff.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I also like the Kashi brand cereals- you have to look and choose the ones with less sugar
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    shredded wheat
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Cocoa Puffs, Frosted Corn Flakes and Fruit Loops are a must... Cannot eat dried biscuits for breakfast.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    I used to make a cereal with chia, seeds, hemp, cocnut and dried fruit for extra sweetness. I tried copying "Holy Crap" cereal, which I found tasty but expensive.

so now we are saying skip dried fruit because sugar??? *facedesk*
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    Grape Nuts has no added sugar. I used to love that stuff. It's very good either warm or cold. And it has a nice crunch to it...and keeps you full for hours.
  • MoiAussi93
    edited October 2015
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

Dried fruit is very high in sugar by volume, even though it isn't added. OP specifically said she is trying to reduce sugar to get cravings under control...skip the dried fruit is good advice in this particular situation.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    MoiAussi93 wrote: »

Dried fruit is very high in sugar by volume, even though it isn't added. OP specifically said she is trying to reduce sugar to get cravings under control...skip the dried fruit is good advice in this particular situation.

I agree. If you are trying to reduce sugar, I wouldn't be going for dried fruits.

• MoiAussi93
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    I love just plain Kellogg's Corn flakes. Not because of the no added sugar (I don't monitor my sugar intake) but because it's just good.

Corn flakes does have added sugar. Not as much as the typical super sugary kids' cereals, but sugar is the second item on the ingredients list.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    MoiAussi93 wrote: »
    kami3006 wrote: »

Corn flakes does have added sugar. Not as much as the typical super sugary kids' cereals, but sugar is the second item on the ingredients list.

Fair enough. It so low I consider it negligible. It does have the roughly the same sugar content as grape nuts though the latter isn't added.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

Okie dokie.... It's starting to feel like you are trolling specifically on my posts. Please stop.

The OP wrote:
    Whats your favorite no sugar cereal? I'm trying to cut all added sugar for a bit because i think it may help my sugar cravings. Looking for a good breakfast cereal i can bring to the office with me. :)

When making a cereal, if you ADD an ingredient with lots of sugar, that would qualify as ADDED SUGAR. I simply said to skip or reduce the dried fruit to reduce sugar.

*facedesk*
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    My fave is Uncle Sam's --but it's really hard to find. Shredded Wheat (the big ones--not the bite sized).
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    edited October 2015
    Options

Okie dokie.... It's starting to feel like you are trolling specifically on my posts. Please stop.

The OP wrote:

When making a cereal, if you ADD an ingredient with lots of sugar, that would qualify as ADDED SUGAR. I simply said to skip or reduce the dried fruit to reduce sugar.

*facedesk*

But in all fairness, dried fruit isnt added sugar. Its natural sugar and the OP specifically said added. Maybe the OP can clarify the statement.

If i eat cereal its generally Kashi Protein cereals but i am not sure if they have added sugar or not as i focus more on protein.

Or you can do a greek yogurt with some granola.