Off to a good start!

Options
chris6515
chris6515 Posts: 131 Member
I'm eating healthy (I refuse to say I'm on a diet) after a heart-wrenching intervention from my daughters. They lost one parent to smoking, and they don't want to lose another from years of self-indulgence. And even though I want to lose more than 100 lbs, after one week my clothes are looser, I have more energy, and my mood is happier. I could use some friends along the way as I know there will be times when I'm ready to give up. My life has been a pattern of yo-yo diets and weight fluctuations and I've always eventually ended up heavier than before. But I swear not this time. I want to be in good enough shape to take my new (first) grandbaby to Disney World some day.

Replies

• AntoinetteC
    AntoinetteC Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP wishing you the best in your journey. You can add me as your friend and we can cheer each on!!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    You can add me!!!
  • liquidjem
    liquidjem Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Good Luck with your journey and congrats on what you have done thus far! Add me if you'd like as well!
  • SillyBeans
    SillyBeans Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I'm new too (just using this a couple of days) :)
  • margeb102
    margeb102 Posts: 18
    Options
    hi

my high weight in 2010 was 218. in march of 2011 was 193. went on a 62 day cruise and came home at 185.

am currently 181.2 and doing jenny craig. would like to get to 155-165 for now. see if i can hold that and then possibly 150.

have been up and down most of my life. lowest weight as an adult since i was 30 was 145.
  • ariesangel
    ariesangel Posts: 15
    Options
    you can add me!!! im trying to lose 100+ lbs as well. i lost 5lbs in the first 2 weeks but our schedule has been so hectic lately that i havent been eating as well as i should be and i havent been able to exercise. im currently at 290, but i would love to get down to ~150.
  • Countrymade
    Countrymade Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Best of luck on your journey. Keep up your positive attitude and you will do well.
    You can add me if you want too.
  • chris6515
    chris6515 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Good luck getting back on track. Doesn't it feel better eating well? Thanks for the support.