Insanity DVD's

Options
Can anyone share their experiences with the Insanity home DVDs? I'm on the edge of buying it today but it's so expensive!! Can anyone say whether it's worth the money if stuck to?? Plus, I am still carrying more body fat than I want to so this isn't going to bulk me up is it? I want to loose body fat and then tone up. Thanks.

Replies

• AmberBelandria
    AmberBelandria Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My best friend did this and she didn't lose any weight at all. I have heard several people doing this and not losing. I have it but I have not tried it yet. Good Luck if you do get it.
  • shaunroberts
    shaunroberts Posts: 94 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Insanitys great! Good fun and Shaun T is motivating. I lost just over 20lbs however as has already been stated weight loss is about diet not exercise. Eat less then you burn and you'll loose weight. Those saying they didn't loose weight on insanity where simply eating more or equal to what there body was burning.....it really is that simple.

I've been working my way through Max 30 recently which is equally as challenging but as the title suggests is 30 minutes opposed to 40 to 50 minutes which insanity takes up.

Shaun.
  • Dez11B
    Dez11B Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    You get more bang for your buck if you just lift weights. These dvds take too much time and not every effective.
  • shaunroberts
    shaunroberts Posts: 94 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Not very effective how?

The 'effect' you get is you move, your heart rate increases, you burn calories you create a larger calorie defecit?

I suppose running isnt very effective? Or swimming?

Not everyone wants to do weights.
  • jvs125
    jvs125 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I LOVE insanity! You have to keep you calorie intake in check. You have to get enough protein.
    If you do, you WILL see a difference. People who do not lose weight usually eat too much (unless there's an underlying health problem). But if you keep it in check, you will lose.
    I started to see real results during my 4th week. I'm starting week 5 now. Then the workouts will get longer. I can't wait to see my final results!

Then when I'm done, I'll be on to the 21 day fix extreme!
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Insanity is a great program. I have no idea what that Sith78 guy is talking about. If you want to improve cardiovascular health, stamina, flexibility, strength and durability Insanity is more then effective.
  • keri3
    keri3 Posts: 60 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Yes. Do it. But you have to actually do it and eat less to make it work. It's hard but actually easy lol. The moves aren't hard so just go at your pace and eventually you get faster. Get plugged into a support group either here or Facebook or something to help you be accounable. If you finish month one and still struggling do month one twice before the second month. It's not a race or you will burn out.
  • CamillaEdwards
    CamillaEdwards Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys - I really appreciate your comments and support!! I am on day three and so far so good. I am very slow but doing the best I can do at the moment... Looking forward to updating you on the results once done! I took before photos and measurements too. I'm sticking to a good diet at the same time so there should be no room for any weight gain (except maybe muscle)