1500 calorie meal plan

Options
Vossii
Vossii Posts: 45 Member
edited October 2015 in Food and Nutrition
I am having trouble staying under my calorie goal. I need ideas of meal plans to help me out. Let me know what you eat during the day :)

Replies

• CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Vossii wrote: »
    I am having trouble staying under my calorie goal. I need ideas of meal plans to help me out. Let me know what you eat during the day :)

Is there a reason your goal is set so low (very short, very overweight)? Your goal is probably too aggressive, so you could decrease your per week loss (down to 1 or 0.5lbs) to eat a bit more each day. You can also work out to earn "extras" which you can and should eat some of. :)
  • Vossii
    Options
    oops, I meant to put 1500 calorie goal, idk what I was thinking when I wrote that lol
  • gaelicstorm26
    gaelicstorm26 Posts: 589 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I'm right around 1500. Here is what a typical weekday looks like:

Breakfast: Coffee with milk and either Greek yogurt or a banana
    Lunch: Homemade soup (right now it's either beef barley or chicken noodle), a lunchmeat sandwich in a flatbread wrap or a salad with eggs, red wine vinegar, and feta cheese
    Dinner: Whatever the family is having, but my portion is weighed out. I sometimes substitute brown rice for a potato because I like it better. So if we are having burgers and mac n' cheese, I have that too but I weigh it out and actually put it into MFP right before I eat so I know if my portions are appropriate.
    Snacks: Pretzels, cashews, apple with peanut butter, turkey pepperoni, cheese with cucumbers, popcorn from the air popper, sometimes a bit of chocolate if I have calories left to spend and I'm craving it.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    My days average around 1500, give or take 500 calories. You are welcome to look at my diary, it's open. Be aware that I eat low carb, so my food choices may not be what you are looking for.

Good luck.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    MFP gave you 1500 before exercise. You can add some extra calories that way.

This site has interesting suggestions:
    https://www.eatthismuch.com/
  • Vossii
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    MFP gave you 1500 before exercise. You can add some extra calories that way.

This site has interesting suggestions:
    https://www.eatthismuch.com/

Some days I don't exercise, those are the days I need to be very careful about what I eat. But that website is awesome! thanks for the link :)
  • cocates
    cocates Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    My kcal goal ~1400.

Breakfasts usually consist of my coffee + greek yogurt and granola or (this week) grits + 2 slices bacon
    Lunches: varies; leftovers, homemade lunchables (crackers + cheese + deli meat), salad, sandwich + fruit or chips/goldfish. Last week, I made soup on the weekend and then portioned it out every day for work.
    Dinner: What don't I eat? I usually allot about 600-700 cals (biggest meal by far). I cook for our family, so chicken, pork chops, hamburger, meatballs, mini-meatloaves, whatever. Plus, I usually have a drink with dinner or a beer.

I don't usually snack during the day b/c I like a heavier dinner meal. If I do, it's a partial portion of crackers or an apple + peanut butter, etc.

This week hasn't been a good example, but feel free to peek. My diary is open...with all of my calorie surplus details (it keeps me accountable). Good luck! :smile:
  • LastingChanges
    LastingChanges Posts: 390 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I am currently eating 1500:
    Breakfast: oatmeal
    Snack: nuts
    Lunch: salad + protein
    Snack: fruits
    Dinner: protein + grains + vegetable

I think the key for me is to avoid bread it adds so much calories and leaves me hungry so I would end up eating more.

Also space out your meals 3-4 hours.