Need fitness pointers and maybe even some buddies :D

Options
Hi! My name is sarah and I am 19 years old. Ive been trying to lose weight and get fit but I ended up gaining 20 pounds in the last 3 months instead. Mostly because I lack the motivation to keep going and I have a bad eating habit. But Im willing to keep trying! I just found this app and thought I should try it out. But I was really hoping I would find a few friends through here who can help me keep my motivation and maybe give me some pointers throughout my weightloss journey, which would be awesome! But otherwise, Thank you for reading!

Replies

• RyanWilkins88
    RyanWilkins88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The key factor is; motivation.
    If you can, for at least the first two weeks, eat and excercise well you will instantly start to feel the benefits. Then bring in a cheat day. And a cheat day isn't "eat everything in site" but have something you don't normally have. I find that sometimes my biggest weight loss days are the day after my chest day because my body feels like I'm caring do its cravings as well.
    The other big thing is water. For every 20kg you weigh, you should be drinking a litre of water. That means for someone who weighs about 10stone (I'm not saying you do, but for rough guidance) you should be drinking about 3 litres.
    Anyway, good luck with the diet. It's hard. Temptation is a killer, but stick with it and you'll reap the rewards!
  • sarahlopezzzzzz
    sarahlopezzzzzz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    @RyanWilkins88 Thank you so much for the advice! I will definitely use it :smiley:
  • adamnn
    adamnn Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey! I know exactly how you feel about not being motivated. I'm actually in the same boat and am too looking for like minded people to help keep on track. So feel free to add me and we can tackle this monster journey together!
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    The key factor is; motivation.
    If you can, for at least the first two weeks, eat and excercise well you will instantly start to feel the benefits. Then bring in a cheat day. And a cheat day isn't "eat everything in site" but have something you don't normally have. I find that sometimes my biggest weight loss days are the day after my chest day because my body feels like I'm caring do its cravings as well.
    The other big thing is water. For every 20kg you weigh, you should be drinking a litre of water. That means for someone who weighs about 10stone (I'm not saying you do, but for rough guidance) you should be drinking about 3 litres.
    Anyway, good luck with the diet. It's hard. Temptation is a killer, but stick with it and you'll reap the rewards!

I don't agree with this. Motivation fluctuates and can be fleeting. Real change comes from sticking at something over a long period of time. That requires dedication, commitment and creation of new habits. I don't feel motivated to work out every day. A lot of days I'm tired and would prefer to take a nap on the couch after work. But I go to gym because I want the results. That's not motivation, that's commitment to wanting a particular outcome. Some days I feel really motivated to eat super well, other days I'd rather fall face first into a wheel of brie or some pizza. If I only listened to where my motivation is at, well...there'd be a lot more pizza than what my calorie intake can support.

For advice, try here:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1235566/so-youre-new-here/p1
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1399829/step-by-step-guide-to-losing-weight-with-myfitnesspal