1 lb from goal!

Options
I am obviously really excited to be only a pound away from my goal. It took 5.5 months for me to loses 17lbs! I originally was shooting to loses 10 and when I got there, I decided to go a little lower. I'm 5'4" and my goal is 125.

My questions is, when do I go into maintenance? I want to have a range of 124 to 126. I am honestly not as happy with how my body looks just yet. I run and lift weights but my lower half is still out of proportion with my upper body. I'm a pear shape but I feel more like a triangle. How do I balance out my body? I don't want to lose much more weight because my upper body already looks skinny. Thanks in advance for your help.

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Congrats on reaching your goal!! Our body types are based on genetics and although weights will help "tone" it, we can't change the basic shape.
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    You can start the transition to maintenance now. If I am doing the math right, 17 pounds over 5 1/2 months is around a 360 calorie deficit per day. If you eat at 250 calorie deficit for 7 -10 days, then 150 calorie deficit for 7-10 days, that should drop that last pound while you slowly increased your calories. At that point eat at your maintenance calories and you should be good.

Congratulations on making it this far!
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    NJCJF wrote: »
    I am obviously really excited to be only a pound away from my goal. It took 5.5 months for me to loses 17lbs! I originally was shooting to loses 10 and when I got there, I decided to go a little lower. I'm 5'4" and my goal is 125.

My questions is, when do I go into maintenance? I want to have a range of 124 to 126. I am honestly not as happy with how my body looks just yet. I run and lift weights but my lower half is still out of proportion with my upper body. I'm a pear shape but I feel more like a triangle. How do I balance out my body? I don't want to lose much more weight because my upper body already looks skinny. Thanks in advance for your help.

You can actually try to build up your shoulders to make them broader.
    On paper i'm a Pear shape - but due to having wider shoulders than my hips...i don't look pear shaped.
    I totally understand not wanting to lose more weight. i'm a similar height & weight to you (5,4/128) and if i lost any more weight, my Boobs would disappear! :# Lol
    So if i were you, i'd start maintenance NOW.
    Just continue with your running and weight lifting, but concentrate on your shoulders as well.
    Good Luck!
  • NJCJF
    NJCJF Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    NJCJF wrote: »

You can actually try to build up your shoulders to make them broader.
    On paper i'm a Pear shape - but due to having wider shoulders than my hips...i don't look pear shaped.
    I totally understand not wanting to lose more weight. i'm a similar height & weight to you (5,4/128) and if i lost any more weight, my Boobs would disappear! :# Lol
    So if i were you, i'd start maintenance NOW.
    Just continue with your running and weight lifting, but concentrate on your shoulders as well.
    Good Luck!

LOL... yeah, my bras are baggy. ugh!
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    A slightly padded push up bra will do wonders!
  • judymata
    judymata Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I want my boobs to disappear. LOL!
  • hakamruth
    hakamruth Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I am not sure about changing your body shape. But you might want to change up your exercise routine that may help target muscle areas to get tone in ways it hasn't before. Look to cardio exorcises that has a lot of squats involved. My favorite is willpower & grace. They don't have the DVD any more but if you look it up willpower method for newer DVDs. Kickboxing is another favorite. If you take up tango dancing, it works out your lower area. It is fun and you learn a new skill.