Has anyone had lasagna lately?

Options

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Nope, but thanks to this post, I will be tonight.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,245 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    No ... but thanks for reminding me ... I might have some tonight. :)

Done! And it was delicious. :)
  • kdblpn
    kdblpn Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I make lasagna roles....take a lasagna noodle, put a little sauce down the middle, top with cheese, roll up. Little more sauce on top with a little more cheese and put it in the oven to melt the cheese. Its a lot easier to control the calories.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Saturday before last. 550 grams. Then 400 grams for breakfast on Sunday.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I make a lasagne every week...we all love it in my house, its one of our favourite dinners :smile:
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    kdblpn wrote: »
    I make lasagna roles....take a lasagna noodle, put a little sauce down the middle, top with cheese, roll up. Little more sauce on top with a little more cheese and put it in the oven to melt the cheese. Its a lot easier to control the calories.

WHAT.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY.

Oh my lord. What have you done to me? This sounds AMAZING.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Also sounds like manicotti.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    Options
    Not recently.
    Lasagna is okay but not a favorite thing.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I made a low carb one with zucchini and vegetarian it was yummy but labor intensive. Its been awhile!
  • jdleanna
    jdleanna Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Made one this weekend for my son's birthday. Full of delicious cheese and beef and sausage and not in any way low calorie. My small 110 gram slice fit into my calories but I'd have loved to have three times that much.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    jdleanna wrote: »
    Made one this weekend for my son's birthday. Full of delicious cheese and beef and sausage and not in any way low calorie. My small 110 gram slice fit into my calories but I'd have loved to have three times that much.

110g slice!! thats miniscule :/ I eat twice that and still feel I want more lol - but I also fit that into my calories and that what its all about :smile: (I do make mine as low fat as possible, go easy on the cheese, heavy on the garlic and chilli/herbs, its amazing - and I'm not the only one who things that lol :smiley: )
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I has lasagne about a week ago, it had a special added ingredient...bacon. Seriously, you all need to try adding bacon to your lasagne. You'll never go back.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    love it loaded with veggies and half the past (sub zuchinni slices or eggplant for a layer or 2). It's delicious and low calorie!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    No but I made a lasagna casserole type not too long ago... it was about 800 calories total though so obviously not an every day thing. To be honest, I'm just as satisfied with pasta and meatballs for less calories.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    I can't remember the last time...but I used to love it! I was diagnosed with Celiac 3 years ago and had to start removing yummy things like lasagna, pizza and pasta from my foods....I don't miss it per se, but I do miss eating something yummy, creamy, gooey....haven't been able to find anything to replace those items yet :/
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    Oh my goodness, I have not had lasagna in so long. Now that I've found some lactose free cheese, it might be time to make some. :)

Cabot brand is lactose free!
  • aleeix
    aleeix Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Made pumpkin lasagna last night!
  • Keith3481
    Keith3481 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I make lasagna once a month. For the noodles, I buy whatever I can get my hands on, I'm not really picky. The sauce is where it's at. I start by browning New Johnsonville Italian Sausage in a pot. Then I pour in Contadina sauce and Contadina paste in a 1:1 ratio with 2 tbsp of sugar, some tomato basil seasoning over medium heat, stir for about 30 minutes. For the filling, crack an egg and mix with 1 cup of ricotta cheese and 1 tsp of parsley. Then layer the noodles, the filling, the sauce, some provolone cheese, then noodles, filling, sauce, and mozzarella cheese. Add parmesan and romano to the top with parsley flakes. Bake at 375F for 30 minutes. We took some to my daughter who is a freshman at Baylor, she misses my lasagna.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Yes. It was Stouffer's frozen lasagna. Convenient single-serve portion for someone like me who's cooking for one.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    aleeix wrote: »
    Made pumpkin lasagna last night!

Mmmm...