Fitness Goal- To do a pull up/chin up

Options
2»

Replies

• lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I just used the assisted chin/pull machine. I set a goal for 5; would hit that, and then decrease the assistance, work to 5 at that weight, decrease the assistance...I think you get it. I can do a set of 10 chin-ups (unassisted) and a set of 5 weighted (12.5lbs). It just takes awhile. Not gonna lie, weighing less also helps the situation too.
  • Kidostud
    Kidostud Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    G33K_G1RL wrote: »
    Kidostud wrote: »
    I also have a goal of being able to do chin ups / pull ups. I don't have access to any machines, but do have the doorway bar. At the moment I jump and pull myself up as far as I can. How do you do the negative pull up?

Negative pull up is simply starting at the top (by jumping or using a platform) and letting yourself down slowly, at least for a count of 5, but I like to pause and stay at the top because that's where I'm having issues. (I can do ~3 pull ups, but on the fourth I block with my forehead at the bar)

OP, remember for pull ups the movement starts with the back, and you need to keep your shoulders and shoulder blades pulled down.

Going to try that! Thanks!