Im bored...i eat...help!?!?!

Options
Hi,
I can get bored really quickly and when this happens I eat, i know I'm not hungry and i know I shouldn't be doing it but i do :/! Anybody else do (or have) done this and know of ways of coping or things to keep me distracted? Thanks x

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Don't let yourself get bored.

Pick up a hobby...go for a walk...clean your house...meet a friend for coffee....etc
  • desweds
    desweds Posts: 126 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I did a quick web search of happenings in Cumbria, England. The dog shows alone would keep you busy all week. Put that pretty puppy into a show (pet division) or a jumping competition or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLGKisgE5_M
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Find a hobby that makes you use your hands. Arts and crafts are good, so are crossword and other type puzzles. String beads on wire for necklaces, learn to braid friendship bracelets, get a fancy coloring book and some glitter crayons! (glitter crayons are the bomb, just sayin') Just do something that requires you to use both hands to do and engages your mind in some way, shape or form. Then, when you start getting the munchies, do that for an hour. If you're still hungry after that hour, have a controlled portion of something for a snack, then go back to what you were doing.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    For me, it's not just doing something with my hands, it's that my brain naturally wants to do several things at once (especially if the things are not particularly stimulating - like, I can't just watch TV, I always play on my computer or even read while I'm doing it, etc), and just TASTING something is sometimes enough to satisfy that impulse, so drinking something often works for me. It has to be more interesting (to me, as in something I'm not used to) than my normal drinks, so water or Diet Coke doesn't cut it. But, a cup of tea or decaf coffee (watching your add-ins, of course), or club soda with a generous splash of grapefruit juice, something like that.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Find something to do instead - simple! :)

For me, it's reading a book and getting loss in another world for a while!
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    The problem I have is wanting something sweet at night, after my husband says he is too tired for sex, and reading a book just don't do it for me. I need some kind of pleasure substitute. Beer and wine has calories, and I don't do drugs. Sorry to add to you question OP instead of offering a solution.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Get up and move, divert yourself.