Slimfast

Options
Has anyone been on a Slimfast diet. Has anyone had success with it in losing weight? I have the container to make the shakes on my own with skim milk but was wondering if anyone has success stories using the product ?

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I used the shakes in college. I really hated them. They were chalky, sat in my stomach funny, and left me hungry still. Any weight I did lose I gained back when I quit them. No idea why I did it so long except that I had no idea how weight loss worked at the time. It's not really something I would recommend for others.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Slimfast, like any other meal replacement program, will work because is cuts calories. The biggest issue is that weight regain is high with meal replacement/shake programs because they teach you nothing about controlling FOOD portioning. So when someone starts eating food again, they're eating portions they used to.
    Habitual behavior is how you make weight loss successful. If you're consuming more calories than you need, you'll gain weight. You just have to change the habit of eating more than you need to be successful with weight loss. Learn to eat less.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• CupcakeSian
    CupcakeSian Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started using them this week and I have already lost 4 pounds. I quite like them, chocolate is definitely my fav, and I use almond or soya milk with them to so you can have a bit more in your shake but without the extra calories.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    SlimFast shakes are good for temporary weight loss. Been there done that.

Because users are replacing actual meals with lots of sugar, vitamins, fiber additives and skim milk (for protein) they learn nothing about portion sizes for real food.

I'm fat because my portions are too big. Slim Fast results are temporary.....I don't recommend it. Because of all the sugar it was not filling to me.

If you do SlimFast......try a step down approach. 2 shakes - 1 meal. 1- shake - 2 meals. Work your way to regular food. You will learn so much by measuring portions.
  • needtolosethatweight26
    Options
    I used something like that a few years ago and honestly it could probably be a snack replacement for me.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I dont like the aftertaste of the slimfast. I keep a few of the walmart brand (equate) strawberry premade cans on hand to grab if im in a hurry though. I like them better.
  • jaleesarc
    jaleesarc Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing SlimFast (2 weeks in) I lost 4 lbs the first week and 4.6 lbs the 2nd week. I plan on doing this for 30 days while I'm researching about meal planning. It was just an easy way to kick start my weight loss without the excuse of not having time to plan my meals. I am also exercising daily. 2 weeks from now I will start meal planning all of my meals and snacks. Any tips/apps/websites on meal planning will be appreciated. Thanks!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    jaleesarc wrote: »
    I am currently doing SlimFast (2 weeks in) I lost 4 lbs the first week and 4.6 lbs the 2nd week. I plan on doing this for 30 days while I'm researching about meal planning. It was just an easy way to kick start my weight loss without the excuse of not having time to plan my meals. I am also exercising daily. 2 weeks from now I will start meal planning all of my meals and snacks. Any tips/apps/websites on meal planning will be appreciated. Thanks!

This site has some really good ideas........

https://www.eatthismuch.com/

• jaleesarc
    jaleesarc Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :)
    TeaBea wrote: »
    jaleesarc wrote: »

This site has some really good ideas........

https://www.eatthismuch.com/

• MellessaBrown
    MellessaBrown Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your advice & input. Much appreciated
  • Frankilou25
    Frankilou25 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    how is the slimfast diet going? have you managed to stay on it and lost any more weight?
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    If Slimfast works for you then great! Everyone's journey is different and what works for them may not work for others. I've used it before, I like to add PB2 to the shake powder or even a few pieces of fruit for a little bit more filling feeling with the shake. Good Luck!