Advice.

Options
cherryxoxo0511
cherryxoxo0511 Posts: 38 Member
edited October 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi, I am cherry. I have been doing dance practice as well as singing along with it on Love Live live performances dance using the trailer version as well as the dance mirror version.

I wonder can anyone tell me whether this is consider as an Low impact dance?

The link is:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AsuUdPNpvNk
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kJkdoY_qPgg
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z2DQruslWk
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LKoeaqCceYQ
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UH_3DXfsU7g
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eTItwESQAnc(Starting from 10 minutes onward)

Please advice thanks.

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    Uh, yeah, modern dancing..
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Low impact for what?
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    You can't cheat exercise.
  • moribunny
    moribunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Are you wondering how to label your dancing exercise-wise (as light, moderate, or vigorous activity)? I would say moderate in the videos, but in the end, it really depends how much energy you're putting into it and how in shape you are in general.
  • cherryxoxo0511
    Options
    bunnyxhime wrote: »
    Are you wondering how to label your dancing exercise-wise (as light, moderate, or vigorous activity)? I would say moderate in the videos, but in the end, it really depends how much energy you're putting into it and how in shape you are in general.

Yup. It look light but it is taking up energy as you sing along with the dance moves. I usually did twice, up to four times for each videos. Total around 1 hour to 1 and a half hour minimum. My BMI for my height is 25+ and I realised that I have been losing inches since I started the dance since 2 weeks ago.
  • moribunny
    Options

Yup. It look light but it is taking up energy as you sing along with the dance moves. I usually did twice, up to four times for each videos. Total around 1 hour to 1 and a half hour minimum. My BMI for my height is 25+ and I realised that I have been losing inches since I started the dance since 2 weeks ago.
    What I suggest is logging it as moderate exercise and eating back 50-75% of the exercise calories MFP tells you (as it's what most people on this site suggest since MFP tends to greatly over-estimate calories burned). Then watch your weight and body measurements for the next few weeks and make tweaks as needed (losing weight too fast or too slow).
  • cherryxoxo0511
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »
    Low impact for what?

There are Low impact dance and high impact dance according to the chart on the net. But I classified it as Low impact as it looked. However, it is taking more than what I am expecting it as you sing along with the dance moves when I first tried it. I can say that I sweat more than I was on the theadmill for 2.4km walk.
  • cherryxoxo0511
    Options
    You can't cheat exercise.

I didn't cheated as I didn't actually counted these in my diary under exercises though I did it for two to four times for each videos per day.
  • cherryxoxo0511
    Options

What I suggest is logging it as moderate exercise and eating back 50-75% of the exercise calories MFP tells you (as it's what most people on this site suggest since MFP tends to greatly over-estimate calories burned). Then watch your weight and body measurements for the next few weeks and make tweaks as needed (losing weight too fast or too slow).

Okay. I started to log it as Low impact exercise from yesterday and I realised that I have lose a total of 4.8% of fats based on the calculation for the measurement for neck, waist and hip on the net for a period of two weeks and few cm especially on the waist daily. But I just eat as usual without restricting on anything but just eat at a smaller portion for certain foods.
  • moribunny
    edited October 2015
    Options

Okay. I started to log it as Low impact exercise from yesterday and I realised that I have lose a total of 4.8% of fats based on the calculation for the measurement for neck, waist and hip on the net for a period of two weeks and few cm especially on the waist daily. But I just eat as usual without restricting on anything but just eat at a smaller portion for certain foods.
    If low impact is working for you then that's good. Just remember initial weight loss is typically mostly water weight. It takes weeks to notice trends. And you're doing well not restricting anything ^__^ smaller portions is the way to go in my opinion although it doesn't work for everybody.
  • cherryxoxo0511
    Options

If low impact is working for you then that's good. Just remember initial weight loss is typically mostly water weight. It takes weeks to notice trends. And you're doing well not restricting anything ^__^ smaller portions is the way to go in my opinion although it doesn't work for everybody.

I see. Yup I am not that huge eater in the first place so smaller portion works for me somehow. I tried restricting foods years ago and it work the opposite when I started to go back to normal diet. Therefore I am not going to try that again. But will be choosing things that are Low in fat or sugar as my diet instead. Hope it works well this round.
  • moribunny
    Options

I see. Yup I am not that huge eater in the first place so smaller portion works for me somehow. I tried restricting foods years ago and it work the opposite when I started to go back to normal diet. Therefore I am not going to try that again. But will be choosing things that are Low in fat or sugar as my diet instead. Hope it works well this round.
    I hope so as well. Best of luck!
  • cherryxoxo0511
    Options

I hope so as well. Best of luck!

Thanks.
  • fi_b
    fi_b Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hey Cherry!

Just wondering, how often are you doing this video? It's fantastic that you have something that works for you, but and hour or and hour and a half sounds like a long time! If high energy dance type workouts are what you find the most enjoyable have you thought about checking out a zumba video just to mix it up a bit? Only because your body does adjust to what you're doing, so to make sure you keep seeing results you will want to mix up your exercise.

Good luck, and keep dancing!

Fi
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just wear an HRM during your routine to figure out your calorie burn? What difference does it make whether it's high or low impact?
  • cherryxoxo0511
    Options
    fi_b wrote: »
    Hey Cherry!

Just wondering, how often are you doing this video? It's fantastic that you have something that works for you, but and hour or and hour and a half sounds like a long time! If high energy dance type workouts are what you find the most enjoyable have you thought about checking out a zumba video just to mix it up a bit? Only because your body does adjust to what you're doing, so to make sure you keep seeing results you will want to mix up your exercise.

Good luck, and keep dancing!

Fi

I am trying to stick to at least 30 mins of dance everday after work ever since my Industry Attachment started 2 weeks ago. At first, it was pretty tiring and hard to follow the singing along with the dancers. After 3 weeks plus of practising, I am sort of used to it but still find hard to sing out loud. ^^" I am thinking of joining a zumba dance lesson after work for like once a week somewhere near where I stay in late Nov.

Yup, I do see result but in a slow pace as suggested by the dr. I still eat normally but in a smaller portion (approx 1/3 of a plate of rice with vegetables and meat and have my meals split into 5 small meals per day instead.
  • cherryxoxo0511
    Options
    Why don't you just wear an HRM during your routine to figure out your calorie burn? What difference does it make whether it's high or low impact?

I didn't use fitbit as I couldn't afford one now. Therefore I didn't add in the calories burned into my diary yet. I am just putting in the food I have taken per day only and didn't eat back any.