How do you like yours?

Options

Replies

• jenbcz
    jenbcz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue, love my morning coffee but can't drink it black. My solution was to find a quality chocolate protein drink & mix it with my coffee and have a big breakfast mocha.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    There is always space in my daily calories for my sweet coffee. I can't do black... it'll kill my stomach. There's nothing wrong with fitting sweet coffee into your day.... or sweet tea for that matter. :drinker:
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    Black.
  • bethanyka
    bethanyka Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I use 200 of my 1200 cals -- thats quite a big percentage--- on coffee creamers. I use Truvia and Splenda (0 cal) but I enjoy either flavored coffee mate (35 cal/tbsp), light cream (30 cal) or sugar free sweet cream (15 cal). After 4 cups a day, I can use 200 cals.
    But.... I love an afternoon coffee, it's my snack. It's all about budgeting calories and enjoying what you spend yours on !!!!
  • ariana_eatsandlifts
    ariana_eatsandlifts Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    One tbs of half and half, weaned down from two.
  • afatpersonwholikesfood
    Options
    Iced with extra cream and extra sugar but not anymore. I have compromised by ordering a small with normal cream and sugar. I use fat free milk at home for most everything, and I like Splenda, but I want my iced coffee the way that I want it!
  • Tinawood40
    Tinawood40 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm exactly like you. Have you tried 1 Splenda with 1 real sugar. This worked for me.
  • talismanicmagic
    talismanicmagic Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I work in a cafe so it's a soy latte for me, or I have black topped with a little soy milk. No sugar. Coffee is awesome without it
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    No, but I'm limiting my calorie intake. Which means I'm cutting out junk food. Sugary coffee stops my cravings for things like chocolate. But with three teaspoons per coffee, and multiple coffees per day, that's a lot of sugar!

Cutting down on added sugars is one way to limit calorie intake.

How much do you have to lose?

What are your stats?
  • entwife
    entwife Posts: 134 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I always record the calories from sugar, but I still want it. I will try your advice, keep the sugar but take notice of how much it affects my calorie limit. At the moment I'm just struggling with the transition from eat-whatever-I-want to be-sensible! Lol

If you want an easy way to separate your sugar calories, set up a custom meal for coffee-sugar, and then in the app, check the graph under 'nutrition'. (It might be on the website too but I can't see it). It will break it down for you exactly how many cals you are taking in in sugar. I did this and I was honestly shocked - I was taking in 40%-ish of my daily calories outside meal times. I'm on day 12 now and its down to 29%.

As for liking the taste, you could always gradually reduce it, start with 2.5 teaspoons per cup and get used to that, then go down a bit more.
  • mrsnazario1219
    mrsnazario1219 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I will not give up my coffee unless it's medical necessity. It's not an option. I will make it fit into my calories. I can't do black because it'd kill my stomach. I drink Spanish coffee so it's pretty strong so I have 1 tbsp of sugar and 3 tbsp of half/half
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Preference is espresso shot with a touch of sugar free CoffeeMate Italian Sweet Creme. sometimes, but Macchiato most the time.

duenxtjr6am1.jpg

• tmartin19710
    tmartin19710 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I take mine with sugar free caramel creamer or sugar free peppermint mocha creamer. I don't like my coffee really strong and if the creamer is sweet enough I don't need added sweetener
  • Badunkadunk_Buster
    Badunkadunk_Buster Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I have coffee every morning with 2 Servings of flavored coffee creamer. I live plain vanilla or the vanilla cinnamon one, or they have Christmas flavored out now for the holidays. That's 70 cals for my morning every morning. Tastes perfect for me. For sweets when I'm craving them I have 90 cal fiber one brownies that I love. They taste great and low cal for chocolate, plus helps me reach my fiber goals.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I like my coffee blacker than the black holes.

If you cannot be without your sweetened coffee, work it into your calories. Use fat free creamer to keep the calorie count of the coffee lower, or just get a sweetened coffee creamer and ditch the sugar.
  • Nanogg55
    Nanogg55 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I don't drink coffee much anymore; switched to tea. But every now and then hit me with an Irish coffee!
  • dinosaurparty
    dinosaurparty Posts: 185 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Ideally my coffee is a double americano or a long black, with two sweetners and a splash of cream (which somehow always comes out to 18ml for me?) :)

Some cinnamon on top is nice too!
  • hcumplido
    hcumplido Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm bad... 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream and 2 teaspoons sugar. Puts it at around 150 calories. Sometimes, I put pumpkin pie liquor. Shhhhhh
  • cdcllcga01
    cdcllcga01 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I used to use plenty of cream and sugar in my coffee and couldn't imagine drinking it any other way. Having to drink black coffee was like penance for all my wrongs. Same for sugar in my tea. But I wanted to reduce calories and I drink coffee at home then at work (coffee junkie), so I felt the sugar used there was a good target as was the sugar in sodas. I went cold-turkey on the sodas and weened down on the sugar in coffee and tea until I eventually eliminated it as well. I still use a little bit of creamer which I can't seem to shake. But I find now that I really don't like overly sweet drinks to the extent that sugar in coffee and tea is now viewed as penance! Go figure. Good luck with your effort to reduce calories from sugar. You might get a surprise or two along the way!
  • hamelle2
    hamelle2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Calories are calories....for weight loss. To me eating 200 calories of nutritionless "food" can be the same as eating less then 1100-1200 calories per day.