How to deal with cravings at that time of the month?

Options
I'm an emotional eater and it's that time of the month and I could really use a gooey brownie right now. There's a cafe in town that does the best brownies I've ever tasted.
Help

Replies

• michelletowle52
    michelletowle52 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    A few days before your due to start eat a few squares of dark 85% chocolate daily it works
  • hypocraate
    hypocraate Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    A few days before your due to start eat a few squares of dark 85% chocolate daily it works

Haha I wish I was that prepared, I'm already 4 days in D:
  • caseylizbeth
    caseylizbeth Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in the same boat currently. :D My best way to combat cravings is to make sure I'm hydrated, (lots of water and tea, for me) make sure I'm eating regularly, and indulge myself at least once a day, but with a healthier alternative. Today, all I wanted was a big bowl of pasta and soda. So, I made a healthy version of that with spaghetti squash and then treated myself to a Cherry Coke Zero, which is like my guilty pleasure. I've also noticed that if I take a calcium supplement starting a few days before my period starts and throughout the period my cravings aren't as strong. Most of this probably can't help you for this period but can help you prepare for the next. I also find the best way to combat my chocolate craving is with diet hot cocoa mix. Swiss Miss makes one with 25 calories per serving, so I can have as much as I want without screwing up my whole day. And, in the very end, if nothing will cut that craving but the thing you want, indulge. If it was me I would get the brownie, eat a small portion of it, and then put the rest of it away for the next day. You can have anything you want, in moderation.
  • Leslierussell4134
    Leslierussell4134 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I love this Swiss Coco light idea! I forgot they made those. I don't eat chocolate at all throughout the month until THEN!!! Kills me, because all I want is a Reeses Peanut Butter cup. I will pick up a box of coco next time I'm at the store, and maybe drink it with a piece of toast with a small amount of peanut butter spread over.
  • kailyw05
    kailyw05 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I would also just go buy the brownie, eat a small but satisfying portion of it, then take the rest home for my husband to eat haha. Last night after supper we shared an amazing blueberry sugar-crusted muffin, and I still wasn't satisfied so I had a small homemade chocolate chip cookie (it's also that time of the month for me right now). I'm also in maintenance so I have around 2000 calories to work with each day.

Substitutions do not cut it for me when I feel a true craving. Just eat what you want and make it work for you! If you have to eat at maintenance for a day (or a week) it really won't harm you much in the long run.