Egg white omelette with Crunchy Peanut Butter

Options
A go to Breakfast option for me is a 7 eggwhite omelette. Add two table spoons of Crunchy Peanut butter in the place of cheese. I'm full till lunch and I put a dent in my protein requirements for the day.

Replies

• andrikosDE
    andrikosDE Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Keep the yolks, remove the PB.
    They have more protein less carbs/fat/kcal than PB. And it would taste like an omelette.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I ... cannot imagine this flavor combo.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    You just made me gag :(
  • irenehb
    irenehb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of that combo before, I am guessing because it really doesn't taste good.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Ew. Sorry. If you like it, though, more power to you.
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    That sounds hideous. What a terrible thing to do to good peanut butter!!
    But seriously, IIFYM and you like it, good for you.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    If you're adding garlic, ginger, scallion, lime and soy sauce/Tamari, I could see it being pretty good!
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    andrikosDE wrote: »
    Keep the yolks, remove the PB.
    They have more protein less carbs/fat/kcal than PB. And it would taste like an omelette.

Yeah, I don't get it.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I love sweet omelettes with nut butter! I add splenda and cinnamon and sugar free pancake syrup as well and its bomb!
  • AprilRj123
    AprilRj123 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    remove the pb, keep the eggs yolks
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    The only way I would enjoy this is if the peanut butter were incorporated with a hot sauce, like a Chinese peanut sauce. Maybe with a bit of coconut oil too.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    If you were a woman and pregnant, perhaps this would have made sense. But, since the profile indicates you are male, I am at a loss. Egg whites and peanut butter??? Why???
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter on my hamburgers (and didn't think I would before I tried it), so I'll have to give a PB omelette a try.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    I love peanut butter on my hamburgers (and didn't think I would before I tried it), so I'll have to give a PB omelette a try.

Peanut butter all melted on a hamburger is AMAZING!!
  • ElizabethPalm
    ElizabethPalm Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Gonna have this tomorrow morning for sure!
  • kevinindelaware
    kevinindelaware Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I wasn't trying to say that everyone would like it. Not the point. Clearly most of us are here because of horrible eating habits. Trying new things is what this is about for me. I could keep the yolks and fill it with a bag of cheese. Sure it would taste more like an omelette, but than i'd still be a fat *kitten*. So, I guess my point was a different food option that actually tastes pretty darn good and keeps me FULL.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I like PB A LOT. And add it to greek yogurt and various other things. I don't think I'd like this, but that's not the point.

Help me understand it from a nutrition perspective, why is adding PB and removing egg yolks a better diet decision?
    How many calories in 7 egg whites and a couple of tablespoons off PB versus, say 4 whole eggs and a bit of cheese or a bit of, say, salsa?
  • kevinindelaware
    kevinindelaware Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I like PB A LOT. And add it to greek yogurt and various other things. I don't think I'd like this, but that's not the point.

Help me understand it from a nutrition perspective, why is adding PB and removing egg yolks a better diet decision?
    How many calories in 7 egg whites and a couple of tablespoons off PB versus, say 4 whole eggs and a bit of cheese or a bit of, say, salsa?

So, If i cut the eggs back to 4 and added cheese, I'd be approaching 400 calories give or take. Using the egg whites and crunchy PNB, and most times I only use 1TBS, I haven't even broke 200. Under 300 with both TBS. So from a calorie standpoint and a feeling full standpoint, it works for me.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

So, If i cut the eggs back to 4 and added cheese, I'd be approaching 400 calories give or take. Using the egg whites and crunchy PNB, and most times I only use 1TBS, I haven't even broke 200. Under 300 with both TBS. So from a calorie standpoint and a feeling full standpoint, it works for me.

Okay. As long as it works for you and you're super careful with the peanut butter. It's wicked easy to eat too much.

fwiw, I couldn't make it to lunch on 200 calories (I work out in the mornings). But glad it's working for you.