Fluctuation?

Options
Hello,
So over the last month I have lost about 10 pounds. Yesterday morning I weighed myself to be about 171 lb. I had a light brunch and I ate a heavy dinner which was chicken and rice. Nachos with pulled pork and cheese and a brownie. I decided to treat myself with those things. At the end of the day I still had leftover calories, about 200 and I was still under my fat limit. I weighed about 175 that night. This morning I am still 175 and this has never happened before. Every morning I would go back to my original weight. I never go over my calories, I would make sure to leave room for error, about 200 in case I am not accurate with some of my meals. I don't starve myself since I eat whenever I'm hungry.

Replies

• blessingsfromabove721
    Options
    Do you weigh yourself every day? Could be water weight
  • jpdeft
    jpdeft Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh yourself every day? Could be water weight
    Yes I weigh myself every day. Usually every morning. I would eat throughout the day and of course gain weight, but the next morning I usually go back to my original weight.
  • MrsCaitlinBeltran
    MrsCaitlinBeltran Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    To me, it sounds like water weight from consuming extra sodium.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    It will go back down. What you ate may have made you retain some water, and you may have a little more waste to move along too. Just get back to what you've been doing and everything will sort itself out.

Why did you weigh yourself at the end of the day anyway?
  • jpdeft
    jpdeft Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    cnbbnc wrote: »
    It will go back down. What you ate may have made you retain some water, and you may have a little more waste to move along too. Just get back to what you've been doing and everything will sort itself out.

No reason, every time I walk by the scale I just weigh myself cause I just happen to be there. It's sort of addicting seeing how much I've been losing a week.
  • Protranser
    Protranser Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    To me, it sounds like water weight from consuming extra sodium.

I second this. Tortilla chips( sodium + ) cheese (sodium +) and likely, the pork has been cured in sodium. You're probably retaining water.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    jpdeft wrote: »
    cnbbnc wrote: »

No reason, every time I walk by the scale I just weigh myself cause I just happen to be there. It's sort of addicting seeing how much I've been losing a week.

Some people like to do that. But just remember that the scale is oftentimes not going to say what you want it to. As long as you realize that and aren't going to let it discourage you.... Weight is going to go up and down for all of us.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    If you weigh every day and at all different times - You're almost CERTAINLY going to see these crazy fluctuations (It's totally normal though!). The reason why I refuse to weigh myself anymore than once a week is because I simply don't LIKE seeing the 'up down up down' pattern!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    First, sounds like water retention from the high sodium foods. Second, the important thing about weighing, is consistency. Same time, place and circumstances.