Sea Bass

Options
Ok so tonight im cooking Sea Bass for my Dinner (Tea) but i have no ideaaaa how to cook it or what would be best to eat with it.

Iv never had fish before and was never really a fishy person but i havent had it for years and thought i would give it another try and opted for seabass (no idea why just the only one i had heard of ) Any recipe ideas for seabass? Anyone know if its tasty?

Thanks.

Replies

• bridetobe310711
    Options
    NOT SURE HOW TO COOK IT.... BUT I HAVE HAD IT SEVERAL TIMES WHEN EATING OUT... YUM YUM
    ITS USUALLY SERVED WITH GREEN VEG AND NEW POTATOES X
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Sea Bass is lovely and it doesn't need messing with. I would just wrap it in foil and bake it (time depends on size), with maybe a little low fat marg. This way it retains its flavour
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    It's a lovely, meaty fish. It's great Chinese style. Steam it with soy sauce, and thin slices of garlic, chilli and ginger.

You can also wrap it in parma ham and bake it.

You can poach it or dip in seasoned flour and lightly fry in butter (skin side down first) and serve with Hollandaise sauce.
  • staceyktaylor
    Options
    thanks :D you all make it sound lovely, i really hope i like it because i want to get into eating fish more often.

I think ill keep it basic and oven bake it, and have some fresh vegetables to go with it. Thanks :)
  • bridetobe310711
    Options
    salmon is lovely too.. get salmon fillets.. BEAUTIFUL! i am having salmon for tea tonight x
  • Tams297
    Tams297 Posts: 15
    Options
    I tend to wrap it in foil with slices of lemon and some parsely or some dill and oven bake it for around twenty mins to half and hour (for a hole fish - if you just have fillets you can lower this time or even pan fry). Then i serve it with green veg - my faves are asparagus or boccoli) and boiled new potatos and perhaps a lemon sauce made with a bit of melted butter, some more lemon juice and black pepper - you don't need too much of the sauce at all but it's really tasty.