can somebody tell me if this is a good diet or not?

Options
Hi
I've started a diet that I actually invented since the beginning of October and I need another opinion to help me.

So, I am a 6 ft (182 cm) , 88 kg and I need to drop like at least 10 kg before christmas and I've already tried a bunch of diets but either they were so hard that I wasn't able to go on with them or they had no results so I read and read until I came up with this diet
My daily intake is just as follows:
Breakfast:
3 eggs (two whites and one whole ) omelette with one slice of luncheon and one small green pepper, also I usually have a couple of cucumbers.

Lunch:
1 can of tuna (no oil)

And for dinner and the in between snacks:
Usually between 2-4 medium apples
May be a can of diet coke sometime

Exercise:
I don't have much time really but I do go to and from college everyday walking which is about 45 minutes in total (5 days a week)

Tell me if this is a good diet that will actually help me lose the 10 kg before Christmas. And also can I have a free day where I can like have a stupid meal (pizza or something like that) or will that ruin the whole process?

Thanks for your support. Really appreciate it.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    2 egg whites, an egg, luncheon meat, veges, can of tuna and 2 to 4 apples? That is it?

No it isn't a good diet, it will leave you feeling quite hungry and your body will not be getting the nutrition it needs.

You need to eat more calories than that, set your MFP profile and check your daily calorie allowance for weight loss.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    You can have pizza every day if it fits into your calorie goal!
    You are eating way too few calories for a man of your height and weight!!!
    This is neither healthy, nor sustainable diet!
    Don't put a time limit on yourself!
    Find your appropriate calorie goal, stick to it-lose weight a pound a week.
  • samorayunited
    samorayunited Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys I really appreciate your support.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I've started a diet that I actually invented since the beginning of October and I need another opinion to help me.

So, I am a 6 ft (182 cm) , 88 kg and I need to drop like at least 10 kg before christmas and I've already tried a bunch of diets but either they were so hard that I wasn't able to go on with them or they had no results so I read and read until I came up with this diet
    Breakfast:
    3 eggs (two whites and one whole ) omelette with one slice of luncheon and one small green pepper, also I usually have a couple of cucumbers.

Lunch:
    1 can of tuna (no oil)

Exercise:
    I don't have much time really but I do go to and from college everyday walking which is about 45 minutes in total (5 days a week)

Tell me if this is a good diet that will actually help me lose the 10 kg before Christmas. And also can I have a free day where I can like have a stupid meal (pizza or something like that) or will that ruin the whole process?

Do you honestly think you can go on with this one?

Eat normal food. Measure your food and log it. Figure out how much your normally eat, then cut that by 500 calories. Much better than crash dieting.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Do the calories in your diet cover your TDEE or even your BMR?

Just eat normally in a calorie deficit.

10kg is a lot to lose in 12 week, especially when 88kg for a 6ft male is quite a healthy weight.

Try and find some more time in your day for exercise, that will burn off more calories. Maybe make your journey home from college a run?

But that diet doesn't sound good.

I personally would scrub it and got for one that gives you a variety of food, thus a variety of micro nutrients.

Good luck.

• Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Hi

Breakfast:

Lunch:
    1 can of tuna (no oil)

Exercise:

can't tell if this is a joke or you are being serious?? you can't seriously think this is a good idea??
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    The reason you couldn't continue in the past is because you're barely eating! Your body needs food... it's the fuel your body needs to live.

Please put your stats into mfp and choose to lose 0.5 kg/wk. That is a safe amount to lose slowly without killing your body by starving. Do not be afraid to eat the amount of calories given to you. You can eat the foods you like as long as they fit into your allotted calories and you WILL lose weight.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Look up chris powell choose more lose more. Its carb cycling and it has lots of foods and ideas broken down in 100 cal increments to make it easier to meal plan.
    id probably go with more fats protein and variety.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    No. There is all sorts of wrong with this so-called diet.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    No 22-year old male should be eating that little. For that matter, no 6-year old girl should be eating that little. You're taking in less than 1000 calories a day, not even enough to support the basic functions of your body (organs, brains, circulatory system, etc.). This diet you've "invented" is a disaster and a horrible idea. You're a grown man. Start eating like one instead of trying to exist on less food than a child should have.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Did you leave out your dinner by mistake, or are you planning to skip dinner, or is dinner those apples you have for snacks?

What happens to those two yolks? Why no oil tuna?

If this is it, well it's stupider than any pizza, to be honest. Undereating is a certain way to ruin the process of weight loss.

Eat more. You said you couldn't stick to hard diets. What do you think makes a diet hard?

Sorry for all the questions, but only you have the answers.