Such an unhealthy day for me :(

Options

Replies

• entwife
    entwife Posts: 134 Member
    Options

And you all are derailing this thread with your little squabble.

Apologies :/

• MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    OP, I was dogsitting, and my client left homemade snickerdoodle cookies. WEll.......I was going to JUST have 2. Ten cookies later I was saying, might as well eat em' all. That way they are gone and not a temptation.

By the end, I had eaten 22 snicker doodle cookies. *burp*

I had to laugh. I'm a cookieaholic!

Anyway, I took a day off from weighing, did not need as much food the next day cause I was still filled up with snickerdoodles, to be honest. And then weighed the next day like it was just another diet day.

I learned........ah, that I am not ready to be around snack food. Two, I am truly missing cookies and cake. Three, that food is JUST food......nothing dire happened. and Four, that I really would prefer to not repeat that scene.

No big deal. Just learn and move on.
  • WingardiumLeviosa91
    WingardiumLeviosa91 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    ohmyllama wrote: »
    OP. Ummm... I'm concerned for you. I think you're being way too harsh on your body. I saw the thread of yours that got deleted and... well... it wasn't good. Be kind to yourself!

I don't know why that thread got deleted... but I got a warning. I was just talking about a medical situation, a normal reaction of body to overeating.
  • WingardiumLeviosa91
    Options
    OP, I was dogsitting, and my client left homemade snickerdoodle cookies. WEll.......I was going to JUST have 2. Ten cookies later I was saying, might as well eat em' all. That way they are gone and not a temptation.

By the end, I had eaten 22 snicker doodle cookies. *burp*

I had to laugh. I'm a cookieaholic!

Anyway, I took a day off from weighing, did not need as much food the next day cause I was still filled up with snickerdoodles, to be honest. And then weighed the next day like it was just another diet day.

I learned........ah, that I am not ready to be around snack food. Two, I am truly missing cookies and cake. Three, that food is JUST food......nothing dire happened. and Four, that I really would prefer to not repeat that scene.

No big deal. Just learn and move on.

Definitely! No more parties for me, only healthy snacks at my dorm. :)
  • WingardiumLeviosa91
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Log it and move on

This!

Don't restrict, because you could end up in a binge/restrict cycle that is hard to get out of once you start.

Has anyone been on such a cycle here?
  • WingardiumLeviosa91
    Options
    ohmyllama wrote: »
    OP. Ummm... I'm concerned for you. I think you're being way too harsh on your body. I saw the thread of yours that got deleted and... well... it wasn't good. Be kind to yourself!
    We all have our days when we blow our diets. One day does not make or break you or your goal. I am also very concerned with your past posts and this one. Under eating and over exercising are not a healthy approach to weight loss. You seem to reach out on these boards for help, I hope and pray, that you have the strength needed to reach out for the help you need. If you are in therapy right now, a call to him or her, might be in order.

I just think therapy is not helpful enough. Sharing here and getting your advices seem far better than having a therapy. Here people understand me, and tell me what I need to hear. Thank you so much! :)
  • WingardiumLeviosa91
    Options
    emhunter wrote: »
    I agree with the above posters that you should not beat yourself up. It's one day. You are doing fine overall, right? :)

If you must, compensate for today to satisfy your own feelings try making a small change for a few days.

Like stated above, just take 100 or 200 calories off oz your days for a week or so. So if you normally eat 1600 calories eat say 1500.

Or if you don't like that idea, how about add 15-30 mins/day to you cardio for a week.

Or you can just stick to your normal routine going forward and the extra calories from today will not have a big impact on your weight loss.

All your hard work is not lost from one unplanned, excesive day. Just stay in the fight. You can do this!

I guess I'll add yoga to my cardio. Because it helps me control my mind, which would help me control my binge eating :) Thanks for your comment.
  • WingardiumLeviosa91
    Options
    I had an overindulgence day yesterday (saturday) too, so much so that I gave up logging it half way through the day.

Such is life, no one can be 100% perfect 100 % of the time.
    Today is a new day and yesterday is already forgotten. I'm not going to drive myself nuts stressing out over every little calorie I went over. I had a wonderful day with my family, and that's all that matters :smile:

You are right. I enjoyed the company of my family too :) I just don't want this to become a habit.
  • WingardiumLeviosa91
    Options
    If you are already eating too few calories, don't knock off another 100 on top of that! If you are eating too few calories, that sets up for binging. If you have disordered thoughts on eating, it really is important to eat the reasonable amount of calories (TDEE - 15 or 20%) and wait longer for the weight loss to occur. Too many dangerous psychological things come into play if you do it too aggressively (and it's way too hard for no good reason, too).

You are right :( I believed I was doing just fine cutting lots of calories and still feeling great, but then bingeings started to occur...
  • WingardiumLeviosa91
    Options
    and yes.... OP has posted in other threads that she is riding a low calorie net as it is, as well as setting a very aggressive weight loss rate target, and the binging is very likely a reaction to getting to the breaking point. WingardiumLeviosa, there are people here who have been through the kinds of things you're struggling with -- please let them help :)

Okay :) Thank you for your comments. You help more than you think you are.
  • WingardiumLeviosa91
    Options
    +1 on the logging it and moving on with NO guilt.....and I would be drinking extra to help with the extra sodium you no doubt ingested.

However, I note that you have other postings that have raised alarm bells in other and while I have not seen them myself I will add another +1 in getting help if you are struggling with disordered feelings and behaviours around food.

Life ie. special events such a parties etc re always going to happen so the wisest thing is to prepare for the event in a healthy sustainable way.....some suggest eating maybe 100 calories less in the days before so you give yourself a bigger margin or by lowering by 100 for the next few days after. No need to cut drastically.

I wish you the best.

thank you, yes I plan on eating even better and lower than before for the next week, and observe the difference. For a long time I avoided fresh food and only ate canned food, now it is time to start cooking for myself.
  • WingardiumLeviosa91
    Options
    incisron wrote: »
    Was baby cousin cute? How old?

3 years old, she is adorable. I just changed my profile picture to include her. She gives me love and makes me feel cheerful.
  • WingardiumLeviosa91
    Options
    From the general tone of multiple posts you've made, you may not have the best possible relationship with food. It might be worth it to avail yourself of any counseling your school might have available.

Yes, my actual psychological imbalance is started to show itself off on my relationship with food. I already take weekly psychotherapy :(
  • WingardiumLeviosa91
    Options
    rankinsect wrote: »
    It is riddiculus that I gained 2 kg the last 3-4 days instead of losing weight.

You certainly didn't gain 2 kg of fat, though, not unless that "over 2000" was "over 15,400".

All you did was refeed a bit, you replenished the glycogen in your muscles and liver which was partially depleted before, and you retained water to balance the new molecules of glycogen.

Don't beat yourself up, that's the least healthy thing of all to do, and don't worry about trying to severely restrict yourself tomorrow. Just stick to your normal goal tomorrow. You don't gain weight or lose weight in a day, it's the long term that matters.

I plan on buying "Waterex" for it, I read online that it prevents water retention. It seems like a helpful supplement.
  • WingardiumLeviosa91
    Options
    Wear trash bags and a black hoodie along with a weighted vest (or backpack if you don't have one) and go run for 2 hours tomorrow. Rinse and repeat daily till the guilt dissipates. :)

Next time there's an event, drink a lot of water and have things with not many calories but a lot of caloric density before attending so you feel full quicker, such that any possible over-indulgence narrows.

I would like to run, but I had asthma as a kid, so I can't. It ruins me in few seconds and then I cannot continue exercising in any other way. That's why I use elliptical in slow but strong pace.
  • WingardiumLeviosa91
    Options
    Artemiris wrote: »
    Today is done. Tomorrow you start where you left. No big deals, really. Don't restrict yourself, maybe take 100/200 calories off your total, for a few days. But if you don't it's not a disaster, don't worry.

People here think my regular total is already very low, so I shouldn't cut even more :(
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    From the general tone of multiple posts you've made, you may not have the best possible relationship with food. It might be worth it to avail yourself of any counseling your school might have available.

Yes, my actual psychological imbalance is started to show itself off on my relationship with food. I already take weekly psychotherapy :(

Excellent ..I'm pleased you are addressing this in the appropriate way...in real life

Do you really not realise that when you talk about vomiting in terms of losing 1kg of weight it sets off a huge warning klaxon that you really should talk to your psychotherapist about

Look, none of us are perfect, we all have issues. Realising them is half the battle. And it looks to me if you're accessing help you're halfway there

So when you post crackpot thoughts imma just gonna continue to point them out in my regular British mum way. Cos were all someone's daughter, we're all someone's son

<heads off into the distance singing>

You're welcome for the earworm :bigsmile:
  • WingardiumLeviosa91
    Options

Excellent ..I'm pleased you are addressing this in the appropriate way...in real life

Do you really not realise that when you talk about vomiting in terms of losing 1kg of weight it sets off a huge warning klaxon that you really should talk to your psychotherapist about

Look, none of us are perfect, we all have issues. Realising them is half the battle. And it looks to me if you're accessing help you're halfway there

So when you post crackpot thoughts imma just gonna continue to point them out in my regular British mum way. Cos were all someone's daughter, we're all someone's son

You are right... I can't believe I ate that much to the extend my stomach couldn't keep it in anymore. I believe the analysis for it would be the fact that I was craving the love and affection, and I tried to gain it through food, not through people.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

You are right... I can't believe I ate that much to the extend my stomach couldn't keep it in anymore. I believe the analysis for it would be the fact that I was craving the love and affection, and I tried to gain it through food, not through people.

<accesses British mum mode>

Bollocks :smile:

You were at a kids party, around yummy food and you ate it. You relaxed your control and the floodgates opened.

You have been restricting so once you started eating you couldn't stop. almost like you're getting one over on yourself.

So when you look back, you learn. If you didn't overly restrict during your normal diet would you feel such am impulse to over-indulge? Probably not. Work on that, work on allowing yourself foods you love and eating a decent number of calories to achieve a slow and steady weight loss.

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day and a fresh set of calories! :)
    Forget about today, these things happen.