3 Day Diet lost 10 pounds

Options

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Ruth don't feel attacked. People were just trying to let you know it was just water weight and a little fat, and it is not the best way to lose.

To delete the thread hit the tree dots at the top right of the message box and where it says report thread just send a note saying it is your thread and you wish to remove it.

Cheers, h.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I'd rather people be blunt and honest, than sugar coat things and cheer and pat people on the back when they are doing something that could be dangerous, detrimental or just plain will not work in the long term
  • Ruthhormachea
    Ruthhormachea Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    OP does the fact that you can only do this diet for 3 days, seem strange at all to you? For long term success in losing weight and keeping it off, you should be looking for changes that you can make that will become permanent habits. Not a ridiculous combination of foods that when combined total less than 1000 cals/day.

Thanks and no it didn't seem strange I'm barely staring into this thingy is my second day and when I saw this diet on YouTube I thought it was an awesome idea I'm very ignorant when it comes to all this healthy thing and eating good I mean this is why I started doing this cuz I haven't been a very healthy person
    I think people here need to start supporting people more than attacking them they all assume we are all experts I came here for help and support like I said before is my second day here I'm new at this still trying to figure out all the calories counting thingy be patient people
  • Christine_72
    Options
    OP does the fact that you can only do this diet for 3 days, seem strange at all to you? For long term success in losing weight and keeping it off, you should be looking for changes that you can make that will become permanent habits. Not a ridiculous combination of foods that when combined total less than 1000 cals/day.

Thanks and no it didn't seem strange I'm barely staring into this thingy is my second day and when I saw this diet on YouTube I thought it was an awesome idea I'm very ignorant when it comes to all this healthy thing and eating good I mean this is why I started doing this cuz I haven't been a very healthy person
    I think people here need to start supporting people more than attacking them they all assume we are all experts I came here for help and support like I said before is my second day here I'm new at this still trying to figure out all the calories counting thingy be patient people

Well make sure and hang around, you will learn a lot here. This place is full of successful and experienced people who will tell it how it is. And you will find people rarely get "support" for fad type diets, because they rarely work, if at all.
    This is not attacking, it's giving you the straight up information that you need and deserve.

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,585 Member
    Options

Sometimes the best "support" is informing you of diets that aren't going to lead you to the goal you want to achieve. Don't take it personally.

I'll give you some advice. PM me your height, weight and age and your daily activity and I can help you figure out how many calories you should shoot for.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Christine_72
    Options
    Also, we were all new and naïve at one stage, it's nothing to become defensive about. We all have to start somewhere, and you've come to the right place if you want to learn how to lose weight in a healthy sustainable way
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

They are supporting you. Supporting is not a pat on the back when they see you putting your health at risk. No one is saying you are naive or stupid or whatever to do this diet. Most people on here have at some point followed or considered seriously following such diets, nothing unusual there. So, it is from experience that everyone is saying that this is not the solution, you will just feel exhausted, and then gain everything back anyway.
    Just consider the 10 lbs a good head start, see it is a motivation to continue losing weight, and see how you can do it in a more sustainable way for the rest of the weight. Nothing bad about it.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

People are trying to be helpful by telling you it isn't a good idea, it isn't healthy, and it isn't sustainable. Tone and intention are difficult to pass through the internet. Mark the link in this post, read and reread:
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    I don't want to burst your bubble but most of that was water weight. How about trying entering your stats into MFP and eating in a caloric deficit. This is much easier to sustain. read this!!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10257474/starting-out-restarting-basics-inside/p1

Hopefully, once you've had some time to absorb, you will feel differently. Learn to be healthy. You can do it.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options

There is nothing at all wrong with being new to things in terms of health and weight control.

You will find people on here very supportive. Though it may have seemed harsh to you, all the advice given above is truth... crash diets are not healthy, often use gimmicks to fool people into quick results, and can't be sustained long term. Nobody here wants to see you or anyone else create a dangerous path to weight loss or control, so they have to be honest enough to prevent that.

This community exists for advice, support, and mutual motivation. If you want to lose weight, you simply need to eat at a calorie deficit. This means eating less calories than you burn. Simply set your information in the app, log your food and exercise, and adjust as needed for your particular desires.

The people above can be those supportive people you seek. I've seen a number of them giving sound advice on a regular basis. And we all feel new and uninformed at first. If you use the basic tools and read the forums, your information base grows. Though there are some areas that aren't as black and white when it comes to absolutes, the basics are really easy. The two words to focus on are calorie deficit. From there, just adjust what works for you when it comes to nutritional needs, and keep your goals safe and healthy.

And though I realize you have nothing to do with the terms of "military diet" the use often confuses me. When I was active duty military and we were out in the field doing physical stuff, we ate huge. I was in the 190 pound range then, and was often eating 4500-5000 calories per day, with no intention of weight loss.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Hi I did the 3 days Diet or military Diet and lost 10 pound now trying to maintain with my fitnessPal and starting again the Diet on Monday I am planning to do it every week for at least 1 month you can only do it 3 days of a week though trying to lose 40 pounds in total
    Has anybody try this for a month and had results?

This is a stupid idea and you are going to hurt yourself.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options

Don't worry, Ruth. You've been great. Just your realising this is a bad idea makes this thread very valuable for others who might be considering it.

Well done, and thank you for listening to the advice the good people of MFP have kindly given.

You've done well.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Please don't feel attacked. It was not the intent of anyone here to attack you. People here have tried many ridiculous ways to lose weight before when they where new also and just want to spare you all the grief by telling you the truth.
    They don't want to see you make the same mistakes that they did. We all started somewhere and where also new once. So nobody tried to hurt you, they all just are trying to show you how asinine your idea was. We've all made mistakes when we where new.
    Now that you've been told the truth about fad diets, its up to you. Mfp works, when used properly. Hopefully you make the right choice and stick around.
    Have @ninerbuff run your numbers like he offered ( he did mine 3 years ago when I started also. I didn't know anything either and was lost and confused too !!! I couldn't even do the math so needed him to do it all for me! We all start somewhere! Please know we all would like you to stay!) And then get yourself a food scale. Learn how to weigh and measure your portions and log here ! You can do this! And you don't have to starve.
    Again, I promise nobody here intended on being mean or cruel. Please stick around and you'll see what a great community this is. Read all the sticky tabs and make some friends here by sending out requests.
    Learn about portion control and cico ( calories in- calories out ) and you'll be fine:)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    So you made a bad decision based on information that is in the general marketplace. Why wouldn't you? The whole diet and fitness industry is designed to confuse and complicate what is a very simple thing

Eat fewer calories than you use up and you'll lose weight

You've come to a fitness board with a lot of people who have finally succeeded, that was a great decision. Don't confuse their disparaging remarks about the military fad diet with their opinion of you. Everybody who posts here does it because they have a personal interest in the world of diet and fitness. Most of us have personal experience of following a huge number of fad diets ..I can't count the number I've done in the last few decades

Learn from others experience, take knowledge on board, be willing to learn and educate yourself

You'll be fine
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I think what you're really upset about isnt the feedback you've gotten as much as your being unsure how to approach losing weight, and being advised that what you've found so far isn't a great way to go. And that's understandable.... Don't let it get you down. Most of us have tried drastic ways to get the weight off, and it's speaking from past experience (and failure) that we try to stop others from going down the same road.

Keep reading here. Jump in and ask questions. I'm 43yo and I'm learning things here all the time that Ive had no knowledge of, so I'm not much different than you in being a bit clueless. :wink:
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    OP I'm glad for one that you haven't deleted this post and I'm sorry you felt attacked. As others have pointed out, that's no ones intention here. Many of us have tried similar diets at some point, and we have ALL been new at something and unsure how to proceed. As Rabbit pointed out, there is so much confusing, unnecessary, and potentially unhealthy information floating around these days, on YouTube, Facebook, Pinterest, etc - a lot of people get caught up in the fad diets because they sound too good to be true... And usually they are....

If everyone came on here and said, "that's awesome, keep it up, but maybe try this instead", I doubt that it would have gotten your attention as much as the comments pointing out how unhealthy the diet is and how the initial weight you lost is likely just water weight. I know you felt the comments were a little harsh, but they got your attention and now hopefully after a good night sleep you will come back at this with a good attitude and try to approach this in a more healthy and sustainable way.

Use MFP the way it was designed. If you aren't sure how to use the tool then definitely let Niner help you. Read the stickied posts at the top of the forum sections. Please leave this thread up. There may be other people just starting out on this same diet who search and find these responses and save themselves some trouble, a lot of these posts get deleted because the diet itself is a Very Low Calorie Diet (VLCD) and not supported by MFP.

Good luck, I hope you report back in a few weeks after a fresh, healthy start, and tell us how much actual weight you've lost so you can get all the atta girls you deserve.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    There's a lot of wisdom in this thread, so I hope it doesn't get deleted. Kudos to you for being open to suggestions and feedback. Good luck!
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

Don't worry about feeling bad about being sucked into the diet hype that's out there. We all had to start somewhere and a lot of people on MFP have tried many weird and wonderful things before finding what works for them.

There is no secret to weight lose, at the end of the day its all about being in a sensible calorie deficit and being patient and focused. Sometimes the hard part is finding a way to make that as comfortable as possible.

Some people on here count calories and use portion control, other use tools like low carb, other focus on cutting out heavily processed and calorie dense foods. But the end result is still the same (sensible calorie deficit).

Good luck in finding what works for you.
  • sinbadfxdl
    sinbadfxdl Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    To become an expert is to make mistakes and re -group to get to the next level over and over. Did we wake up with all this experience? It takes time and vigillance. The support ultimately comes from individuals that have made simular mistakes and are compassionate and humbled by their own mistakes. I live by that. If you want to stick around and win at healthy weight loss and maintainance, select the friends that care.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,585 Member
    Options
    Hi I did the 3 days Diet or military Diet and lost 10 pound now trying to maintain with my fitnessPal and starting again the Diet on Monday I am planning to do it every week for at least 1 month you can only do it 3 days of a week though trying to lose 40 pounds in total
    Has anybody try this for a month and had results?

This is a stupid idea and you are going to hurt yourself.
    Rather than demean the person, wouldn't it be better to explain why is not such a great idea? There's no substance here, just an opinion.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    OP, I am glad that you didn't delete this thread, and I am glad that you recieved honest information here. At one point or another, most of us have been where you are, and have tried the fad diets only to have that weight come back on and feel like crud. There are many sucessful people here who have learned to ditch those fad diets and lose weight the proper way. We all know that this 3 day diet is dangerous, as we've tried it (in my case, I tried it for a few months, and all I got out of it was brittle nails, lots of pimples, no period, greyish skin, my hair fell out, I felt weak...and I was miserable to boot)... I can tell you now that it's not enjoyable, and this journey should be. Everyone here is out to take care of you and to help you achieve your goals. If you can eat while losing weight and feel happy and healthy, then why not?

Eat a variety of foods, and eat the amount of calories right for your stats. There are many here who have done just that an have lost the weight and kept it off. That is very inspiring and amazing.

Go check out the success stories thread.

Don't give up... you can do this!
This discussion has been closed.