Breasts...more specifically chicken breasts. ..

Options
last_jennifer
last_jennifer Posts: 75 Member
Chicken breasts seem to be a awesome high protein good meal for me. However, what do you add to them ? I am seeking simple recipes with chicken breasts so I don't get burned out from eating them.

Replies

• ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com has some yummy chicken recipes ...which are easy to follow :)
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I boil the chicken so I can shred it.
    I sautee diced tomato, onion, bell pepper, and garlic in a little bit of oil.
    I add the shredded chicken to the sauteed veggies - add seasoned salt, pepper, and a little worchestershire sauce.
    Mix until all is well incorporated.

This prepared chicken I use for tacos, tostadas, and enchiladas. :yum:
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Preheat oven to 325*,lightly saute both sides...using any seasonings you like.Put skillet in oven,no lid needed for 15 minutes.
    Use thermometer or cut the breast to check for doneness.Cover with foil or lid for 1/2 hr.Dice & freeze ....add to salads,pasta,soup...just any dish you like chicken in.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I just roast or crockpot mine with some seasoned salt. Once it's cooked, I can use it for meals all week, or portion it out and freeze. We like ours served with sides, on sandwiches, salads, or tacos, casseroles, etc.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I've done this recipe a couple of times, it's pretty good. Marinate it the day before and throw on a grill or George Foreman.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/30522/unbelievable-chicken/

Note that the allrecipes site is assuming you consume all the marinade - you can get more accurate macros if you calculate the actual amount of marinade absorbed.
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I love chicken breast cook in a slow cooker with salsa....yummm or just diced tomatoes, cilantro, onion,garlic and peppers ....(bell, and I like a hot pepper also) salt and pepper to taste..........oh yes delicious
  • last_jennifer
    Options
    Thank you very much for all the great ideas!
  • BritttFittt
    BritttFittt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Crock pot Chicken Marsala!!!
  • 905browneyedgirl
    905browneyedgirl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like to toss a couple of chicken breasts in the crockpot along with my favorite jarred spaghetti sauce. I shred the chicken once its cooked and the serve the mixture on top of zucchini noodles. I actually prefer this to traditional pasta.

Take your favorite crockpot pulled pork recipe and switch out the pork for chicken breasts. Delicious served on fresh rolls and topped with coleslaw or on a baked sweet potato.
  • courtcassiefit
    courtcassiefit Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I boil the chicken. Chop some, shred some add different Flavors - pesto, salsa, chilli, bbq, curry etc and throw it in a wrap, bread or over rice :)
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Shredded, in a smokey BBQ sauce.
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Smash them with a mallot/rolling pin and season with garlic and onion powder and paprika, then pan fry. Pounding them thin will make them cook quicker - less time in the pan will make them tender and juicy.
  • last_jennifer
    Options
    I so love all of these ideas!!!
  • ECTexan
    ECTexan Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I mostly bake mine. Sometimes I just sprinkle Mrs Dash, taco seasoning, or whatever mixture of spices I have on hand. Marinate with different salad dressings, balsamic vinegar, etc. Top with things like cheese, pesto, salsa. Sometimes I coat in mayo/sour cream/greek yogurt and dust with bread crumbs or parmesan cheese. You can also do crushed pretzels, special k cereal, etc. The options are endless. Pinterest is a good resource.
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Last night I made parmesan baked chicken and it turned out amazing.

Preheat oven to 375. Mix low fat mayonnaise with shredded parmesan, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Brush the mixture on top of the chicken breast (be sure to cover the entire chicken breast to prevent drying) and bake uncovered for 45 minutes (less if the chicken breasts are thinner). Comes out so juicy and tender and takes only a couple minutes to prep.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    joann wrote: »
    I love chicken breast cook in a slow cooker with salsa....yummm or just diced tomatoes, cilantro, onion,garlic and peppers ....(bell, and I like a hot pepper also) salt and pepper to taste..........oh yes delicious

This. Put in a couple breasts, a jar or two of your favorite salsa, and cook in your slow cooker for 6-8 hours on low heat. You can shred it up and then eat it however you want. We'll use it for burritos, stuffed peppers or tomatoes, or even mix it with some chicken stock and beans for a spicy chicken soup.
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    There's so many things you can do with chicken

Make chicken spaghetti with broccoli

Stuff chicken with mushrooms, spinach and pepperjack and swiss cheese

Make a chicken BLT sandwich

You can do more with chicken than beef or fish
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
  • ariffianti
    ariffianti Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    joann wrote: »
    I have similar recipe for my chicken breast , , minus-cilantro