3 week weigh in - 20.8 lbs gone in 22 days! I'm stoked!

Options
Just did my 3 week weigh in and let me tell you, I'm shocked to say the least!

Lost 8.6 lbs this week (10 days since my last weigh in) - I'm totally stoked!

Checked my measurements to have another peek.... I love seeing the inches drop... as of today, 10/10/15, a total of 16.5 inches with 20.8 lbs. gone so far (22 days)!

Simply amazing and just plain sad to know that 20.8 lbs had spread out over 16.5 inches of my body, but definitely glad to see them gone!

This is really working and not having to starve myself - I'm in awe!

Happy Happy Day!

Replies

• Cheeseandcats
    Cheeseandcats Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! Keep up the amazing work, I'm sure it hasn't been easy but it definitely is worth it!
  • eliza8897
    eliza8897 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Great job! Great results!
  • Eatwell79
    Eatwell79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great job! You are inspiration and I am just starting today.
  • cynthia92172
    cynthia92172 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Tell me how
  • monarque23
    monarque23 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Great work
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Man! That's major! Great job. You are excellent at this :)
  • missclaracc655
    missclaracc655 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great job !
  • fourterrys
    fourterrys Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep it up!
  • BalvinderSingh
    BalvinderSingh Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! How did you do it?
  • OutdoorCamoGirl
    OutdoorCamoGirl Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone, I truly appreciate it! :)
  • ReadyForWeightLoss
    ReadyForWeightLoss Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Wow amazing !! What are you doing ? Please tell.
  • deescrafty
    deescrafty Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Great job, 16 inches, 20 lbs, you should be walking on air!
  • OutdoorCamoGirl
    Options
    Tell me how

Thank you :)
    I'm not doing anything special, just eating right which is why I'm very happy this is working. So glad to not have to starve myself to see results. Just wish I would've started this sooner LOL

After a lot of reaearch I did (Internet and doctors) before I started (especially since I'm diabetic and have to consider that), here's what I decided to do and so far, my body is responding well to it....

1200 cal per day goal broken down as:
    45% carb (max 135g/day)
    30% protein (max 90g/day)
    25% fat (max 33g/day)
    1 Multivitamin (Welby brand, bought at Aldi)
    I also try to keep my sodium intake to less than 2300mg per day
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,363 Member
    Options
    That's a great weight loss, and I hate to put a downer on it, but it is likely you are significantly under-eating for your current weight as you started with over 100lbs to lose.

While you are having big weight losses quickly they are not sustainable for the long term while you are under-eating for your weight. Such under eating will likely leave you feeling fatigued and possibly lead to binge eating when your body starts crying for the nutrition it needs to sustain it.
  • OutdoorCamoGirl
    edited October 2015
    Options
    That's a great weight loss, and I hate to put a downer on it, but it is likely you are significantly under-eating for your current weight as you started with over 100lbs to lose.

While you are having big weight losses quickly they are not sustainable for the long term while you are under-eating for your weight. Such under eating will likely leave you feeling fatigued and possibly lead to binge eating when your body starts crying for the nutrition it needs to sustain it.

Thank you for your response and I appreciate your concern, but I AM and WILL BE fine.
    My caloric goals and nutrition levels are SOLID and are at the perfect levels to "sustain" what my body needs/uses, including energy levels and nutrients. Binge eating is a state of mind, a reaction to an emotion. We all have emotions for one reason or another.

I'm listening to the words of my doctor(s), those who I know and trust, who also know(s) my history as well as adhering to my own research which I feel is important in understanding different aspects of the ways things work and affect our bodies.
    I'm an educated woman (who knows my body and would never do anything to it that would harm it, barring that weight gain of course, which is a whole different story :( ) and do not just do things on a whim. Personal events in my life led to this weight gain, hence "my history" and this is the healthy way to remove this weight "for me". Weight loss should be individualized as not all bodies are the same, nor react in the same way. Each person must find the "healthy" way that works for them. Consulting your physician is a recommendation that I make. This app is only a tool to help reach your goal, to try and keep your dietary/fitness levels on track and is doing wonders for me.

I know that by posting this on the internet, there will always be those who will try to negate what people do (be the "downers" as you say), and I fully expect(ed) it

Now back to a wonderfully "healthy" day to us all!
    And God bless all of you in your journeys :)
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options

Thank you for your response and I appreciate your concern, but I AM and WILL BE fine.
    My caloric goals and nutrition levels are SOLID and are at the perfect levels to "sustain" what my body needs/uses, including energy levels and nutrients. Binge eating is a state of mind, a reaction to an emotion. We all have emotions for one reason or another.

I'm listening to the words of my doctor(s), those who I know and trust, who also know my history and also adhering to my own research which I feel is important in understanding different aspects of the ways things work and affect our bodies.
    I'm an educated woman {who knows my body and would never do anything to it that would harm it} and do not just do things on a whim. Personal events in my life led to this weight gain, hence "my history" and this is the healthy way to remove this weight "for me". Weight loss should be individualized as not all bodies are the same, nor react in the same way. Each person must find the "healthy" way that works for them. Consulting your physician is a recommendation that I make. This app is only a tool to help reach your goal, to try and keep your dietary/fitness levels on track and is doing wonders for me.

I know that by posting this on the internet, their will always be those who will try to negate what people do (be the "downers" as you say), and I fully expect(ed) it

Now back to a wonderfully "healthy" day to us all!
    And God bless all of you in your journeys :)

Hear Hear!!!!! There are even nay sayers on this forum. Excellent reply to this one! Congratulations on your weight loss and having found what works for you.
  • GoDonnaEGo
    GoDonnaEGo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Way to Go! I also will try this plan. Thanks for sharing what you are doing. :)
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    May I ask what your TDEE and BMR are? 20lbs is a lot in 3 weeks, even with doctor supervision. Although I'm not going to challenge the opinion of doctors, because clearly there is no point based on your above reply, but I just want to add that there have been doctors that offer patients dangerous options because they don't actually know what they're doing.

1200 just seems way too low at this point. It might be fine at first, but as time goes on, you are going to feel the effects. If you're eating below your BMR, your weightloss is going to cause damage to your organs, including heart, along with hair loss ect. Even at obese, you shouldn't really be losing more than 3lbs a week.

I suggest doing more research, look up TDEE if you haven't, and slow your rate down to a goal of 2lbs a week at the most. At the very least, this quick of weightloss can cause sagging skin, which may bounce back, but may need surgery.

I bid you good luck, and hope that you understand that us "Naysayers" do know what we are talking about.
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Excellent OP. Knowing your body and finding a team of people you trust is crucial in this journey. It's great to hear others are so in touch with themselves and have the support they need for their journey. Keep inspiring others
  • AmandaGuitar
    AmandaGuitar Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Tell me how

Thank you :)
    I'm not doing anything special, just eating right which is why I'm very happy this is working. So glad to not have to starve myself to see results. Just wish I would've started this sooner LOL

After a lot of reaearch I did (Internet and doctors) before I started (especially since I'm diabetic and have to consider that), here's what I decided to do and so far, my body is responding well to it....

1200 cal per day goal broken down as:
    45% carb (max 135g/day)
    30% protein (max 90g/day)
    25% fat (max 33g/day)
    1 Multivitamin (Welby brand, bought at Aldi)
    I also try to keep my sodium intake to less than 2300mg per day

I'd you'd like to PM me I can let you know about something to help with your diabetes as well... having thst under control can increase your success.

What kind of carbs are you having? Macro nutrients are a great place to start. Can i ask where you came up with those specific numbers?

Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!