Food after a biopsy of the month

Options
2»

Replies

• entwife
    entwife Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Soup soup and more soup! Stock, veggies, herbs... blend it all up before you serve it... soak bread in it before you eat it
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese. Ice cream would be a poor choice.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Yi5hedr3 wrote: »
    Cottage cheese. Ice cream would be a poor choice.

Why would ice cream be a poor choice?
  • Cynthiamr2015
    Cynthiamr2015 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Ice cream can make your cholesterol go up, if you have to watch it
  • kk_inprogress
    Options

Cottage cheese has higher cholesterol than some ice cream, so that particular post was confusing to me.

Genetics are a bigger factor in high cholesterol than dietary cholesterol intake.
  • Cynthiamr2015
    Options
    mom2colbyj wrote: »
    You can also google soft foods for after bariatric surgery and that will give you a lot of options.

I am not having that kind of operation. Mine is for Oral cancer. Yours is for weight lost. I do not need that kind of operation, that you suggested. :)

• kk_inprogress
    Options
    You can also google soft foods for after bariatric surgery and that will give you a lot of options.

I am not having that kind of operation. Mine is for Oral cancer. Yours is for weight lost. I do not need that kind of operation, that you suggested. :)

I don't think that was the point. People who have bariatric surgery have to go on the same diet you do while they heal. It's a legitimate recommendation.
  • Cynthiamr2015
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »

I don't think that was the point. People who have bariatric surgery have to go on the same diet you do while they heal. It's a legitimate recommendation.

I just reread what I typed and I am sorry for sounding rude and mean. I did not mean to take things out on those who are only trying to help. I will look up bariatric surgery and see what they have for food. thanks
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Ice cream is good because it is cold and will help the initial swelling go down.
    Many foods that you normally make can be sent through a Blender or Nutribullet. For example, I remember cooking plain chicken and rice for myself and adding water and putting it all in the blender when I had a dentist-thing.
  • Cynthiamr2015
    Options
    Ice Cream does sound good and I am sure I will want to freeze the pain away after surgery. :)
  • kk_inprogress
    Options
    You didn't sound mean, it's all good. I just want you to have options and not feel restricted. Ice cream is fine, in moderation, like everything else.
  • mom2colbyj
    mom2colbyj Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »

I just reread what I typed and I am sorry for sounding rude and mean. I did not mean to take things out on those who are only trying to help. I will look up bariatric surgery and see what they have for food. thanks

I didn't take it as rude or mean. It was only meant as a suggestion to look at the food options that you get in the soft food stage. Usually there is a list of foods that are allowed that are healthy for the soft stage. I think most of them were mentioned but you might also be able to find some recipes to use.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Good luck with the biopsy!!!!
  • Cynthiamr2015
    Options
    Biopsy is done and now I am waiting for the results.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Biopsy is done and now I am waiting for the results.

Best wishes!!