Hi! I'm new here!

Options
Hello!!
My name is Lily, I'm almost 24 years old and I currently weight 160 pounds. I gained 20 pounds in April and May this year and have managed to not go over the 20 pound mark.
I used to be in the range 138-140 pounds since I was 18. How did I gain this weight you might ask? Well mostly due to switching birth control - I know you might think this isn't true but it contributed a ton. I also have recently graduated college with high grades and have been very sad about not getting into grad schools or finding a job that pays. I recently married my husband and have been waiting for my residency for the last few months, which leaves me no other option than to stay at home in bed all day. I went from being very active last Fall, going to classes, internships, etc. to finding myself a year later staying in bed all day for months only eating once if most twice a day. I can tell my weight accumulated in my thighs and legs, which is obvious because I'm pear shaped, and most of my pants don't fit anymore even though I have just a tiny bit more tummy but no more changes anywhere else. I always had big self conscious problems with my weight, especially my legs but it's never been this bad. I really don't know where to start with this, but I crave getting back at my normal weight and feeling a little bit better about myself. My family keeps bugging me about my weight because they have never seen me so fat in my life, it really frustrates me and makes me even sadder to hear that. Thankfully my husband loves the extra weight. Does anyone have any advice for me? Anyone who would like to support me through this battle is more than appreciated!

Replies

• ligiam1412
    ligiam1412 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Oh I forgot to mention, my husband travels for work 8 months out of the year and he's about to leave again. So I'm really motivated to use this time that I'll be home alone wisely and set myself some weight/exercise goals to keep me busy. Thank you all!
  • redsmed77
    redsmed77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good luck lily you can do this
  • kroy102
    kroy102 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can do this Lily! First off make a goal, my cureent goal is 1 lb per week. Keep things simple. And hang out at youtube constantly for new workouts. If ur very technical with ur workouts like me then hang out at bodybuilding.com ur lucky you have time to do this. Most people dont.
  • jennybrownr
    jennybrownr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The best of luck lilly
  • BillManoa
    BillManoa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good luck! The first step is to be rigorous about putting everything you eat down in the app.
  • ligiam1412
    Options
    kroy102 wrote: »
    You can do this Lily! First off make a goal, my cureent goal is 1 lb per week. Keep things simple. And hang out at youtube constantly for new workouts. If ur very technical with ur workouts like me then hang out at bodybuilding.com ur lucky you have time to do this. Most people dont.

Thank you so much!! That sounds great!!
  • ligiam1412
    Options
    The best of luck lilly

Thank you!!
  • ligiam1412
    Options
    BillManoa wrote: »
    Good luck! The first step is to be rigorous about putting everything you eat down in the app.

Thank you so much! Seems like I made the right choice with MFP!
  • MelaRayne
    MelaRayne Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just sent you a friend request!