Weekend struggle!!

Options
Is anyone else the same? I'm really good all week and can stay on track with diet and exercise no problem ..and then the weekend starts off well and slowly slipping out of control and then I end up thinking it's ok I can start again on Monday!!! Grrr!! I'm going round in circles

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I log it all. That way I realize how much damage I can do if I think that way...
  • entwife
    entwife Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm the same, and I had a bad weekend this weekend with two birthdays in the house. Next weekend I'm going to pre-log everything and stick to it. The weekend after there's a big family gathering and I'll have to deal with that too.
    I'm considering hibernation 2 days out of 7 lol
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Well if you know that you tend to eat more on week ends, eat a bit less during the week.
  • amandamc813
    amandamc813 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! Yeah I suppose I think if I don't log I don't know the damage! But your right I need to log and that will help me stay on track X

• amandamc813
    Options
    entwife wrote: »
    I'm the same, and I had a bad weekend this weekend with two birthdays in the house. Next weekend I'm going to pre-log everything and stick to it. The weekend after there's a big family gathering and I'll have to deal with that too.
    I'm considering hibernation 2 days out of 7 lol

Yep I know the feeling I have family gatherings coming up too.. Just need to make the right choices and log it!! ( easier said than done I know!! )
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Start with logging everything on the weekends so you have the numbers. Consider looking at your calories over the week rather than day by day. Then, make adjustments as needed. Can you safely eat a bit less during the week to offset higher calorie weekends? Do you need to eat smaller portions on weekends instead and/or in addition to cutting back during the week?

I nearly always have ~500 extra calories to use each week. I nearly always use them, and, if I don't, I eventually do have a higher day that gobbles them up.

~Lyssa
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Try pre-logging your days and see if that helps keeps you on track.
  • amandamc813
    Options
    my
    macgurlnet wrote: »
    Start with logging everything on the weekends so you have the numbers. Consider looking at your calories over the week rather than day by day. Then, make adjustments as needed. Can you safely eat a bit less during the week to offset higher calorie weekends? Do you need to eat smaller portions on weekends instead and/or in addition to cutting back during the week?

I nearly always have ~500 extra calories to use each week. I nearly always use them, and, if I don't, I eventually do have a higher day that gobbles them up.

~Lyssa

Thanks, my daily calories are 1670 I tend to eat around 1300- 1400 daily during the week so I'm always under my goal during the week. Then weekend comes and loose all track of things.. ( going out for a meal, drinks with friends, birthdays, Sunday dinner etc)
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    my
    macgurlnet wrote: »

~Lyssa

Thanks, my daily calories are 1670 I tend to eat around 1300- 1400 daily during the week so I'm always under my goal during the week. Then weekend comes and loose all track of things.. ( going out for a meal, drinks with friends, birthdays, Sunday dinner etc)

Start practicing with logging on the weekends - it'll take a bit, but you'll eventually get used to it! Maybe start with making sure you log what you eat for breakfast each weekend, then on to other meals.

~Lyssa
  • amandamc813
    Options
    Thanks again xx
    I will get there, one step at a Time!! Iv got a holiday booked next year something to focus on and work towards xx
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I eat 1200-1300 weekdays and 2000 on the weekends. I've been doing this for 6 months and started noticing the same trend that you did. Too many family things come up on the weekend and I personally don't like worrying about it so much. This makes it much more flexible. I also see my weekly total probably more important than my daily total. So if you know you've got a big weekend coming up maybe you workout a little more before it gets here. Something above your normal routine.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I certainly understand the struggle - but know that you can totally handle the weekends! :)

I bank calories through the week so I can have a few indulgences come the weekend - for me, this has been really, really effective and I don't know what I'd do without my banked calories! It is totally possible to enjoy your weekends, eat the food you love and not go overboard!
  • amandamc813
    Options
    Bshmerlie wrote: »
    I eat 1200-1300 weekdays and 2000 on the weekends. I've been doing this for 6 months and started noticing the same trend that you did. Too many family things come up on the weekend and I personally don't like worrying about it so much. This makes it much more flexible. I also see my weekly total probably more important than my daily total. So if you know you've got a big weekend coming up maybe you workout a little more before it gets here. Something above your normal routine.

I think this could work for me! I tend to eat less during the week so can be more flexible at weekend! Thanks x
  • amandamc813
    Options
    I certainly understand the struggle - but know that you can totally handle the weekends! :)

I bank calories through the week so I can have a few indulgences come the weekend - for me, this has been really, really effective and I don't know what I'd do without my banked calories! It is totally possible to enjoy your weekends, eat the food you love and not go overboard!

Thanks.. Yep I think I'm gonna start 'banking' calories see how I get on!!
  • hamlet1222
    hamlet1222 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Totally understand. The routine of work keeps me stable. At the weekend the lure of the kitchen is always there. I find it best to keep myself as busy and distracted as possible at the weekend.
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I'm keep my intake steady, regardless. To lose, it just means......I have to avoid the fattening foods for now. That's how it is.

Count your blessings if you get to indulge more! lol