Gutless Gutters Challenge 1/7/09

Options
Good morning!!! :drinker:

Yesterday I did interval trng on my stationary bike for 45 mins. I went over my calories by 75 calories so that is not bad at all for me.

This morning I did The Shred levels 3 and 1, in that order. I burned 430 calories!!! I am hoping to stay within my calories but I think I can since I burned so many.

Have a great day!!!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!! :drinker:

Yesterday I did interval trng on my stationary bike for 45 mins. I went over my calories by 75 calories so that is not bad at all for me.

This morning I did The Shred levels 3 and 1, in that order. I burned 430 calories!!! I am hoping to stay within my calories but I think I can since I burned so many.

Have a great day!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I went over on my calories yesterday but today is a new day. I wasn't horrible but I wasn't good either. I did get up and go to bootcamp this morning at 5:15 am and we did 60 minutes. I will try to do better today with going over my calories.
  • lpadilla75
    Options
    Good morning!

Yesterday I did a weight training/cardio class burned 600 cal and 20 min on the stairclimber burning 300 cal.

I only used 149 of those calories towards my food journal. I had not planned on being at the gym as long as I was.

I think I'll only do 45min tonight. We shall see, I say that now.....
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Good morning fellow gutters!

I hope today finds you well and that we all make the very best decisions that we can possibly make. Today is today and yesterday is behind us. If only for today, let's do the best we can!

Alf, it's nice to see you back at MFP. I'm sure that grandbaby has grown quite a bit since you announced her arrival. My, how time flies!

Yesterday was SO busy for me. I did manage to get my 30 day Shred and 400 crunches in. I was somewhat below in my calories.I was a good girl and drank all of my water AND I ate tons of the vile weeds we call veggies. I actually survived.:laugh:

Good luck to everyone today!!
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Somehow I knew I should have just started a new thread :grumble: :laugh: :wink: :smooched: I'm copying and pasting my post I put on yesterday's thread this morning:blushing: :bigsmile:

Good morning kiss2.gif

wait.gif

Ok......so.......yesterday was my shorter workout day 23 minute TaeBo express workout (still a good workout...had me sweatin :smokin: ) and I walked the dog one mile. I stayed within my calories and drank most of my water but I was about 8 oz short bang_head.gif Oh well....at least I got most of it in.

Anywho...today is my longer workout day........60 minute TaeBo workout (Full Throttle Amped) and a 4 mile walk with the dog tonight when I get home. OH...and I'm going to do 20 minutes of BL sculpt and 200 crunches too. I tried to wake up at 4 am to do my 23 minute workout again.....but....... ummmm :yawn:............ wasn't happenin th_smalldancingman.gif I did, however, get in a 10 minute stretch. I am soooooo sore after not working out as much as usual over the holidays. Felt good to stretch my muscles :drinker:

Everyone have a loverly day........oh and if we start a 1/7/09 thread, I'll just copy and paste it :bigsmile: I didn't feel like starting it myself. :smokin:
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Just checking in. I'm stranded in my house due to ICE!
    Stuck home with kids and hubby!
    I might possibly do some cardio here, or I'll give myself the day off today. Depends on the family!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I might possibly do some cardio here, or I'll give myself the day off today. Depends on the family!

AACK! We got some lovely ice here too in Indiana. Not enough to cancel anything though. Try not to tear you hair out today, Jen.:laugh:
  • jenbar
    Options

AACK! We got some lovely ice here too in Indiana. Not enough to cancel anything though. Try not to tear you hair out today, Jen.:laugh:
    They just got back to school on Monday and now their home again! Thankfully my hubby is entertaining them with Playstation! Perhaps I'll lock them in the playroom and not let them ALL up till bedtime!
  • anembellishment
    Options
    Morning - weight unchanged. I suppose I need to go to the weekly wiegh-in as the daily fluctuations are definitely not helping, especially when my eating is much better. A for diet: Eating okay yesterday, too much protein at dinner put me 10 cals over, but I walked off 175 calories before turning in. Late excercise better than none at all?

Kellch you have me motivated to get a bit more strenous with the excercise, so you're my role model!
    I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow. Have a great Gutters Challenge day all!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Morning GG's! :heart:

No exercise yesterday :embarassed: but was perfect on my diet. :bigsmile:

Going to go work out after work today though! :drinker:

Good luck everyone! :drinker:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Morning - weight unchanged. I suppose I need to go to the weekly wiegh-in as the daily fluctuations are definitely not helping, especially when my eating is much better. A for diet: Eating okay yesterday, too much protein at dinner put me 10 cals over, but I walked off 175 calories before turning in. Late excercise better than none at all?

Kellch you have me motivated to get a bit more strenous with the excercise, so you're my role model!
    I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow. Have a great Gutters Challenge day all!

Great! It's good to know I helped you with motivation. Don't strain yourself too much. Babysteps is the key. I started by walking...at first 1 mile a day then 2 then 3...you get the picture. After that, I added 10 minutes of cardio and doing 10 pushups against the sink everytime I went into the restroom (even if to brush my teeth or peek in the mirror:bigsmile: )....then 20 minutes of cardio and 20 pushups...then 30...and so on. I eventually bought TaeBo tapes and started with the 40 minute jumpstart cardio and built my way up. I now have my 90 minute Ultimate TaeBo...I only do it 1 or 2 times a week but try to get in the 40-55 minute videos 3-4 times a week and walk 3 or 4 miles every day. I take one day every week, either Sunday or Monday, and only walk so I can give my muscles a chance to recooperate and I can relax. I try to fit in 100-200 crunches at night before I go to bed...forgot to put that in my check-in msg...it's like a habit so I forgot about it. Take your time, slowly build up, but push yourself a little further each workout....even now, I'll try to put a little more effort into tightening my stomache during certan exercises or squeezing my muscles a little more...lunging a little deeper...and so on...you can do it :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    Good Morning!!! :smile:

Today I will focus on making healthy choices and will be at the Y later for the strength class...might add in some cardio as well...

I hope everyone has a Wonderful Wednesday!!! :flowerforyou:
  • BEFORE
    BEFORE Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

Lifted yesterday and have not posted dinner yet but I know I am under. I walked on the treadmill this morning. Only 1 soda yesterday, I bought a second soda and then stopped myself. Got my water in.

The scale has not moved yet but not dicouraged in the least bit with all the water I have consumed lately.

BTW I watched Biggest Loser last night, there is no way I have even begun to push myself after watching them.

We had some freezing rain and sleet last night too. What a wimpy winter, it has not even been tough enough to snow just ice and crap.:grumble:

Later.
    :flowerforyou:
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Yesterday, I stayed just under my calories and managed to get all of my water in (goodness, I feel like I'm preggo again w/ as much peeing as I'm doing). I did 40 minutes of BL Cardio Max and 20 minutes of pilates.

Way to go everyone! Have a great day:flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I'm not posting what happened on the scale this morning b/c I'll be censored over my reaction to it. Trying a new approach to plateau busting today so we'll see if it works! Have a good day everyone!:flowerforyou:

B4 - Good job on sticking to one soda! That takes a lot of self-discipline when you're used to having it so much more often.
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all,

This is the third day back to the gym. I stopped for about two weeks during the Holidays.

I was a treadmill nut at first but, now love the elliptical.

Working on my water intake. Getting better.

Have a great day all.

Kathy

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Good morning fellow gutters!

I hope today finds you well and that we all make the very best decisions that we can possibly make. Today is today and yesterday is behind us. If only for today, let's do the best we can!

Alf, it's nice to see you back at MFP. I'm sure that grandbaby has grown quite a bit since you announced her arrival. My, how time flies!

Yesterday was SO busy for me. I did manage to get my 30 day Shred and 400 crunches in. I was somewhat below in my calories.I was a good girl and drank all of my water AND I ate tons of the vile weeds we call veggies. I actually survived.:laugh:

Good luck to everyone today!!

Thanks!!!! Glad to be back because this site really keeps me in check. It helps me to be accountable for my actions. Yes, my grandbaby is soooo cute and big now, almost 6mos old!! Time flies!! Thanks for asking!!.. Also, for those of you who might remember, my dad is recuperating well at home after his quadruple bypass in early Dec, thank you so much for all the prayers!!! :flowerforyou:
  • jenbar
    Options
    Only 1 soda yesterday, I bought a second soda and then stopped myself. Got my water in.
    :flowerforyou:

Stop with the soda! sugar and empty calories! Get rid of it!
    I use to only have a soda with pizza. But even when I try to have one, it just tastes like syrup to me now. Gross!
    WATER
    WATER
    WATER
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    GOt 40 ozs of water in already today. I did my step class this morning and burned 575 calories. I am going to go and do level 1 on the shred now. Will have to see how many calories I burn on that then going to make me some chicken and put it in my salad for lunch. I weighed for BL challenge and I have not changed in a month. I am working my butt off these past 2 weeks. I have to break through this plauteau soon.

COnnie
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I started out great yesterday but by the end of the day well...let's just say, not my finest effort. :grumble: However, I did get all my water in.

New day! I WILL make better choices today and find a way to better deal with the commute stress, for some reason that just makes my blood boil. Nothing I can do about it, gotta find a way to handle it better. I've got CDs in the car but maybe a book on tape? Who knows...gotta work on that.

Good luck today with your goals!