Constipation weighs???

Options
2»

Replies

• BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Magnesium Citrate can help. You can get it pre-made for around a dollar at most stores.

I haven't tried that (since I'm quite regular, I don't often have to turn to outside help to get things moving) but the one time I tried Epsom salt, I was going in no time.
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    ltsen wrote: »
    I also have the same problem... Guess I will be hitting up the store and getting some magnesium nitrate! :) I also heard Dulcolax helps...

Oh it helps, I spent most of last wednesday in the bathroom because of it. Cramps were painful...
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,238 Member
    Options
    ltsen wrote: »
    I also have the same problem... Guess I will be hitting up the store and getting some magnesium nitrate! :) I also heard Dulcolax helps...

Magnesium Citrate, no nitrate

"Magnesium nitrate is toxic, and can cause pain, irritation and redness of the skin and eyes. When inhaled, it causes coughing and shortness of breath. According to ICH World, you should don protective clothing -- including a long-sleeved coat or gown, gloves, goggles and a face mask -- before handling it. If magnesium nitrate gets on your skin, remove contaminated clothing and wash the area with soap and water for 15 minutes. If in your eyes, rinse for 15 minutes with cool water. If you have inhaled the dust, get to fresh air immediately. Taking magnesium nitrate internally causes nausea, stomach pain, faintness, shortness of breath, cyanosis -- or a blue tint to the skin -- and possible convulsions, stupor and death."
  • Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, you all made me go find this: http://www.livestrong.com/article/551116-the-difference-between-magnesium-citrate-and-magnesium-nitrate/ Is livestrong a trustworthy site?
  • baneenerwiener
    baneenerwiener Posts: 26 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    totally can happen.. Not sure about your lifestyle what foods you eat or what exercises you do but eating a diet rich in fiber (real fiber from fruits and veg not from supplements), drinking lots of water, and exercising at least 20-30 minutes daily (with a rest day or two) can greatly reduce constipation if not cure it. Warm drinks like warm water with lemon may also help and teas can help a lot. Peppermint tea and ginger tea are specific to aiding digestion and stomach pain so you can try that (: hot tea often helps my stomach