What do you eat with your eggs that's lower in carbs?

Options
tusher2011
tusher2011 Posts: 201 Member
I eat 2 egg whites for breakfast pretty much every morning. I will have it with a slice of cheese and either a tortilla or a mini wheat bagel. I can't eggs by themselves...is there anything else that is not so much carbs? I have looked for the low carb tortillas but I can't find them in the taco size...the only ones are the really huge ones and that's too much. I supposed I could just cut them in half..duh,

Replies

• tesshaney
    tesshaney Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    trader joes makes a low cal low carb whole wheat tortilla in taco size.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    veggie omlette YUM!
  • Missylydia
    Missylydia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I eat them on rye bread! yummm
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Have you tried wrapping it up in a big piece of lettuce or green? They make for great wraps and pretty much no carbs at all.
  • kate2004rock
    kate2004rock Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat english muffing -- you can save yourself 100 calories by making it at home instead of McDonald's Drive-Thru!
  • mriricat23
    mriricat23 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    ive been making scrambled eggs with salsa and a pinch of blended shredded cheese and they are TDF... even hubby eats them... picky picky hubby! how about strawberries? blueberries? or are you looking for a starch?
  • PalmettoparkGuy
    PalmettoparkGuy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Check again, I buy the low carb tortillas at 2 different supermarkets in my area, so the stores definitely carry them. I went to this breakfast place and got an over easy egg on a whole wheat english muffin (I substitute a tortilla at home sometimes) with a slice of tomato, piece of avacado, and a few spinach leaves. It was awesome.
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms, onions, peppers and cheese.
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    Options
    I use eggbeaters. I make them with mushrooms, roasted red bell pepper (the kind in a jar) and cheese. Yumm.....Turns out to be about 300 calories and I'm stuffed!
  • iamMaLisa
    iamMaLisa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    im with the tortilla, i like La Tortilla Factory they have them in low carb/high fiber and they come in a variety of flavors.
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms, onions, peppers and cheese.
  • shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    You should consider switching to 1 whole egg and 3/4 egg whites.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    I eat the yolks. They pack some nutritional punch. I also eat them with meat and vegetables.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Bacon! I like to keep some cooked in the fridge (when I can remember) and I just pull out a slice or two and crumble it up in scrambled eggs. Gives it some texture and flavor, while adding good protein and no carbs.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Cracked black pepper turkey, onions, bell peppers, spinach, and mozarella, omelette style!

560 calories lol, but only 6 carbs =p.
  • tusher2011
    tusher2011 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to save calories actually...I really need to watch my carbs and sodium more than the calories. Will try to hit TJ's later for those tortillas.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Potatoes with onions and peppers, skin on if you can stand it. Loads of fiber.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    You should consider switching to 1 whole egg and 3/4 egg whites.
    If there's no cholesterol problem, eat the yolk, that's where the protein is.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Make a greek scramble-reduced fat feta, onions, peppers, mushrooms....LOVE this!
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Veggies!!!!