Replies

• kidzhearts82
    kidzhearts82 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey! I met my goals for 1 day!
  • mbarmuta
    mbarmuta Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 44 and 135 kilograms (295 pounds) - I am desperate to lose this weight and get on with my life. Would love some friends to support and be supported by. Please add me!
    Kind regards,
    Meg
  • MrsOwens2002
    MrsOwens2002 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You're never too old! I think a lot of people on here feel old, because we are each as old as we've ever been. I am 36 which isn't old, but I feel old for this - like "why did I wait so long!" and "Ugh, this is so much harder and slower than before", but I think with age comes determination and experience. We can do it!
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I am 69 years young and have lost 92 pounds - I still have another 93 lbs to go and know I will get there. There is no "DIET" this is a lifetime change to the way I eat. I log everything I eat everyday. While I agree that as long as you have a calorie deficit you will lose weight no matter what you eat - I choose to eat healthy and stay within the calorie limit suggested by MFP in order for me to lose 2 lbs a week. And that is exactly what's happened. After the initial large weight loss the first and second week due to water weight loss I have managed to continually lose 2-3 lbs a week. So my suggestions are: Log in your Food Diary every bite you eat everyday; set small attainable goals that will lead to your end goal; celebrate your successes with something other than food; and join a group or thread for support and motivation. You can do this!
  • ShashayLee
    ShashayLee Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I am 69 years young and have lost 92 pounds - I still have another 93 lbs to go and know I will get there. There is no "DIET" this is a lifetime change to the way I eat. I log everything I eat everyday. While I agree that as long as you have a calorie deficit you will lose weight no matter what you eat - I choose to eat healthy and stay within the calorie limit suggested by MFP in order for me to lose 2 lbs a week. And that is exactly what's happened. After the initial large weight loss the first and second week due to water weight loss I have managed to continually lose 2-3 lbs a week. So my suggestions are: Log in your Food Diary every bite you eat everyday; set small attainable goals that will lead to your end goal; celebrate your successes with something other than food; and join a group or thread for support and motivation. You can do this!

Gloworm you are inspiring! Really happy for your success!
  • Kate4548
    Kate4548 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    49 and ready to lose! My first vow is to log my food each day. 60 lbs to lose and I would love too be well on my way to that number when I reach 50.