2 NSVs-going topless and hula hoops

Options
hill2302
hill2302 Posts: 139 Member
I've been running for about a year and ran for the first time without a shirt on the other day. There was still some jiggle around the midsection, but it was small enough that I felt I wouldn't be too embarassed if someone saw me running on the side of the road without my shirt on. It was nice to have the confidence in my own appearance to be able to do that.

Last night I had bought some toys for my girls to play with while the watched my softball game. I bought some hula hoops. Now i have NEVER been able to hula hoop. My stomach was too big and I could never move right. I could never get the hula hoop over the belly and then it would fall off the hips in seconds. Well, last night I gave it another shot. Much to my surprise, I can now hula hoop!!! And it stays right in the middle of my stomach!!! I played with that damn thing more than my girls did last night!!! lol

Funny how the little things can mean so much to us!!

I bet I get alot of hits with this title too!!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    congratulations on going topless!!!!

and hula hooping is really good for your waistline too!!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Wonderful for you! I admit, your title lured me in. LoL.
  • roxiedo
    roxiedo Posts: 154
    Options
    Way to go! :bigsmile:
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS! I"m still not brave enough to run topless :wink: And congrats on the hula hoop! I have tried and TRIED to do that darn thing and I just can't! What's your secret to the hula!?!?! Way to go on your goals!
  • ypena78
    ypena78 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Nice work... Yes it is the little things that matter the most. i too can not hula but I am waiting for that day to come. Hopefully by the end of summer I will be able to hula. but congrats & we are very proud of you...
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    YAY for you!!! I'm totally addicted to hooping. It's my favorite form of exercise. Have you heard of Baxter? If not, look him up on youtube. You'll be amazed at what he can do with a hoop. I took a class with him a few months ago and he's just freaking amazing.
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    LOL...yes. lured in by the title. But how great is that! Congrats man! Awesome feat. I've been wondering about the hula hoop thing. I could do it as a girl...haven't tried it in more years than i can count. Tempted tho. I think I should try one of the little cheap ones.. then maybe a weighted one? One of these days....................
  • 1horsetown
    1horsetown Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I was *really* hoping you were a man....

Never could hula hoop. It's just not in my genetics.

Good job attaining your goals.
  • TeraMarieD
    TeraMarieD Posts: 55
    Options
    I love this and the title! Great job!!
  • MrsCB10
    MrsCB10 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ha! You're right about the number of hits this post received ... likely from the title! I had a chuckle even after I STARTED reading thinking "wow ... she ran topless?! Where the heck does she live?!" -- DUH! :laugh:

FANTASTIC accomplishment! I don't even know you and I'm proud of you :flowerforyou:
  • elizabethblake
    elizabethblake Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Congrats - hooping with a toy hoop isn't easy - they're so lightweight! I bought a hoop about a year ago and got it out recently. MUCH easier now that I've been working out (and actually have a waist!).
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Wooohooo! Yay for you!
  • froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    way to go! I want to hula hoop myself!
  • coquetona
    coquetona Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Keep up the great work! And yes, the title is very catchy! haha
  • nuviag
    nuviag Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Fun,
    I'm intrigued on Baxter now I'll google him thanx
  • runninginplace
    runninginplace Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS! I"m still not brave enough to run topless :wink: And congrats on the hula hoop! I have tried and TRIED to do that darn thing and I just can't! What's your secret to the hula!?!?! Way to go on your goals!

Dizzie, hilarious!! :laugh:

OP, great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!