What are you READING these days? Book version.

Options
Stardog_Champion
Stardog_Champion Posts: 829 Member
I think the title says it all. I finished THE MARTIAN which thrilled and proved to be a page turner filled with great science

Replies

• HannaSusi
    HannaSusi Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Author: Kristiina Vuori Title: Siipirikko ("broken wings"). Based in medieval Finland. I don't like it as much as the previous book Näkijän Tytär ("daughter of a seeress") from the same author, but that's mostly because the characters are annoying. She writes well, anyway.
  • oberon0124
    oberon0124 Posts: 10,527 Member
    Options
    Herndon's Informants Letters, Interviews, and Statements about Abraham Lincoln Edited by Douglas L. Wilson and Rodney O. Davis. A collection of letters and notes written by friends an neighbors of Lincolns following his murder. Collected by his law Partner William Herdon.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Gray Mountain - John Grisham
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    I"ve been reading the Outlander series all year it seems like, lol! I'm on the 6th book now. I did have to take a little break half way through the 5th, but I'm back on the wagon!! No idea's what I'll read next. Maybe Jupiter Ascending to see if it's any better than the movie. I mean, it HAS to be.
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    ThomasW13 wrote: »
    well if you mean a physical paperback, not an ebook, I just went back and reread Dead City by Shane Stevens. greatest mobster story ever.
    Oh wait....ARE we talking about non-ebook- books??? Ummm....The last one I read was Gone with the Wind last year, but I am reading Chronicles of Narnia to my 6 year old right now.
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    well if you mean a physical paperback, not an ebook, I just went back and reread Dead City by Shane Stevens. greatest mobster story ever.
    Oh wait....ARE we talking about non-ebook- books??? Ummm....The last one I read was Gone with the Wind last year, but I am reading Chronicles of Narnia to my 6 year old right now.

yeah i know right? nearly my entire collection has been converted to ebook at this point. I think i've only kept like 10 paperback/hardbacks that actually mean something to me personally.

I read a good 30+books a year on average.....sooooo I'm not keeping that many paperback/hardbacks around, lol.
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options

I should check that out
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed listening to a 24-hour read-a-thon of that series earlier this year. Of course, I had to sleep through the last few hours, but really enjoyed it overall.
  • ligiam1412
    ligiam1412 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    El tiempo entre costuras (the time in between) by Maria Dueñas
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    I'm on the 2nd book of the Alex Cross series.
  • tat2cookie
    Options
    I"ve been reading the Outlander series all year it seems like, lol! I'm on the 6th book now. I did have to take a little break half way through the 5th, but I'm back on the wagon!! No idea's what I'll read next. Maybe Jupiter Ascending to see if it's any better than the movie. I mean, it HAS to be.

Best freaking books EVER!!!! Over seriously read them like 4 or 5 times now!!! I can't wait for #9!
  • tat2cookie
    Options

There is a series by Scott Sigler that I think would be right up your ally. The first one is call Infected. I read all 3 of them in a month.
  • gzus7freek
    gzus7freek Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    The only thing I have time to read is my History book and the Text for HRD!! Ugh
  • _SummerGirl_
    _SummerGirl_ Posts: 3,791 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading Margaret Atwood's new book, "The Heart Goes Last"