What does your 1500 calorie diet consist of?

Options
2»

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Starvation will make your metabolism so sow and believe me it is very hard to turn up it back.

NOT even close!

OP, you're a male eating too little. That's silly and not sustainable. Discover peanut butter dude.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Op, I'm a 135 lb female and eat 2000 without gaining.
    You need to up those calories asap ! You'll end up losing more muscle mass ( saggy skin !) So your not doing yourself any favors by under eating.
    Slow and steady wins the race !!!
  • jdleanna
    jdleanna Posts: 141 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    OP, I'm a short middle-aged woman and I weigh 125, and I am losing weight eating 1650 calories with light exercise. You can eat way, way, way more and lose weight.

At your calorie level, you'll lose tons of muscle mass. Best case scenario is that you'll lose weight but be flabby and weak. Worst case is you become malnourished with serious health problems.

ETA that looking back I guess I'm actually eating between 1400 and 1800, depending on my mood and whether there's dessert in the house. :-) But the point is you can definitely eat more. Much more.
  • aidanseansinclair
    Options
    Chrisbande wrote: »
    Hey all. I was wondering what everyone else's 1500 calorie a day diet consists of /looks like. Need some meal ideas. Low carb diet's are a plus!! :-)

You need to be careful mate such low calorie intake your body could go into starvation mode and end up storing anything it gets as fat.

When I started my weight loss 6 months ago I lost a stone fairly easy but then got stuck at 16st for over a month I then realised I wasn't eating enough my calorie intake was between 1000-1500 I then upped my intake to 2100 and started to lose weight again. I have now lost 4st in 8 months
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Hey all. I was wondering what everyone else's 1500 calorie a day diet consists of /looks like. Need some meal ideas. Low carb diet's are a plus!! :-)

You need to be careful mate such low calorie intake your body could go into starvation mode and end up storing anything it gets as fat.
    No. No. no. no. Please stop.

This doesn't happen. At most, after severe restriction over a long period of time, you might lose a little more slowly than otherwise.
  • KatD1226
    KatD1226 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I try to have my dinner be protein and veggies. We are programmed in our house to me Carboholics so I'm trying to break the cycle. Last night's supper was pork and smothered cabbage. We did 2os of meat for the kids, 3oz for me and 4-5 for my husband. He's a big guy and seems to need more protein than me.

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
  • michelle7673
    michelle7673 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    OP, so you've lost nearly 50 pounds? That's wonderful, and I can see why you'd be afraid to stop doing what you're doing. But you can continue to lose something like 1% of your weight a week at a much more sustainable intake.
    In answer to your original question, although I am at times an intermittent faster, I typically have a salad with protein (almost always tofu) and a slice of buckwheat bread at lunch. We have a place called Sweetgreen where I live and they make great (though costly) salads with a lot of "real" greens (kale, spinach, etc) and locally sourced produce. Breakfasts, when I have them, are sometimes "real" oatmeal, sometimes greek yogurt, sometimes an EggMcMuffin. My dinners are very much IIFYM -- last night it was frozen pepperoni pizza and a glass of rioja.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about bumping up to partial fat cottage cheese. I just don't know sometime how to fill in my proteins without going over my Cal's

Give yourself more calories. I am older than you, shorter, weigh less, female, and am losing weight on 1700 calories before exercise, and I exercise.

• Chrisbande
    Chrisbande Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the replies. I am going to up Mt calories soon. I appreciate the help. Itsbsort of hard for me because I know very little about eating right
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the replies. I am going to up Mt calories soon. I appreciate the help. Itsbsort of hard for me because I know very little about eating right

Eat what you normally just eat less.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    If you go low carb, fat needs to come up. Low carbers often have 50% or more fat macros. Mine is set at 75%.

Try hard cheese to add calories. Add bacon to your eggs. I have am now at a normal BMI and am still losing about 1 lb per week on 1500 calories at over 110 g of fat per day. You can add some calories and still lose. I would add fat if your protein is already adequate.

Good luck.
  • beckadaisy
    beckadaisy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey OP, to answer your original question, I eat oatmeal for breakfast (1/2 c. oatmeal, 1/2 ripe banana, 1/2 c. almond milk + cinnamon) which keeps me full until as late as 2. As a vegetarian, I have found edamame to be a cheap and delicious low-calorie protein source. So I like to have 1/2 - 1 cup with lunch. I get bored easily so I don't have a consistent daily meal plan, but meal prepping and planning has definitely helped! Look up recipes and snacks before going to the grocery store. Make a list, stick to it, and don't get distracted by anything else at the store. Good luck! Feel free to check out my diary for ideas. It should be public I believe.

My stats: Female, 5'10", ~148lbs, 70+ day streak, lost 17 since Jan '15.