Your most satifying 1200-1300 calorie menu

Options
I need meal ideas to make my own menus within the 1200-1300 calorie range. Do you have a favorite menu you love that works in your plan? Please share. Thanks.

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I eat more (add in exercise calories). But here's a website with some good ideas.......

https://www.eatthismuch.com/
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    It's a little less than 1200 calories, but I'll be having Spags & Balls tonight for dinner:

2 servings of Barilla Thin Spaghetti (~324g cooked weight)
    Romano Cheese - 30g
    Homemade Meatballs - 6.75oz
    Homemade Sauce - 1/2 cup - ~120g
    Kirkland Canned Green Beans - 121g

IIRC, that comes to about 1050 calories, total, so if you throw in a glass of red wine, you should be able to hit 1200-1300 calories without a problem.

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    It's a little less than 1200 calories, but I'll be having Spags & Balls tonight for dinner:

2 servings of Barilla Thin Spaghetti (~324g cooked weight)
    Romano Cheese - 30g
    Homemade Meatballs - 6.75oz
    Homemade Sauce - 1/2 cup - ~120g
    Kirkland Canned Green Beans - 121g

IIRC, that comes to about 1050 calories, total, so if you throw in a glass of red wine, you should be able to hit 1200-1300 calories without a problem.

You forgot the garlic bread.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    OP are you looking for meal ideas for a whole day around 1200-1300? That's quite a bit lower than where I usually am, but when I was losing I found this website and thought some of the ideas were good - you can switch to a 1500 or 1800 level as well, which would work well if you are exercising.

http://www.eatingwell.com/nutrition_health/weight_loss_diet_plans/diet_meal_plans/7_day_diet_meal_plan_to_lose_weight_1200_calories
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    reddits "1200 is plenty" is a good place to start.
  • Selestite
    Selestite Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Selestite wrote: »
    I need meal ideas to make my own menus within the 1200-1300 calorie range. Do you have a favorite menu you love that works in your plan? Please share. Thanks.

Looking for around 1300 for the day :smile:
  • Selestite
    Options
    reddits "1200 is plenty" is a good place to start.

Great. I'll check it out!!!! Thank you.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I don't do the menu thing, but do average 1200 calories (1212 last month, lol) and making a frequent appearance are:

Tuna
    Chicken breasts
    Edamame
    Peas
    Green beans
    Great Northern Beans
    Iceberg lettuce
    Whole wheat breads and crackers
    Potatos
    Onions, onions and more onions (also leeks)
    Apples
    Berries
    Peppers
    Tomatillos
    Raisin Bran
    Tofu
    Home-made PB

Mostly, those get included a lot because I like them a lot.
  • Selestite
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    I don't do the menu thing, but do average 1200 calories (1212 last month, lol) and making a frequent appearance are:

Tuna
    Chicken breasts
    Edamame
    Peas
    Green beans
    Great Northern Beans
    Iceberg lettuce
    Whole wheat breads and crackers
    Potatos
    Onions, onions and more onions (also leeks)
    Apples
    Berries
    Peppers
    Tomatillos
    Raisin Bran
    Tofu
    Home-made PB

Mostly, those get included a lot because I like them a lot.

Yes, thinking about what your most favorite foods are might be the best starting place of all! Sounds like common sense but we get pushed into the "latest and greatest" plan and would probably be better off modifying or working to improve our normal diets. Tweaking portions and adapting recipes is a good start.
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I do stir frys a lot. Lots of sweet peppers and onions with just a small amount of chicken or boneless pork. Small amount of lite soy sauce and you can put over small amount of brown rice. Sautéed cabbage with a t of olive oil. This is lots of food for minimal cals.

Roasted carrots, onions, cauliflower and broccoli. Spray cut up veggies with cooking spray, s & p. Roast at 425 for about 30 mins until caramelized.
  • amillenium
    amillenium Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of spiralized veggies with a bit of protein. Personally, I need volume to feel full so to fit in the quantity I want I do a lot of filling veggies that are low calorie: salad, carrots, zucchini, eggplant. I also really love veggies!