Eating when working night shift

Options
Question:
What / When would I eat considering I work 8pm - 8am and sleeping from around 8.30am - 3pm?

Replies

• Bansh3e
    Bansh3e Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    It doesn`t matter when you eat, if you are under/or at maintenance calories.You can eat whenever you want.If you want to lose weight.
  • kdblpn
    kdblpn Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I start my calories at 3pm everyday. Thats when i wake up so thats when i start counting for the day. I eat dinner with my family, have a snack about 9pm, lunch at 1am, snack at 4am, and a small meal when i get home.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    I start my calories at 430 am and stop at 4pm like said above it doesn't matter
  • peoplegreet1
    peoplegreet1 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I work the night shift and it's hard not to eat when I come home. I usually do well until I start rummaging through the cabinets or see the ice cream in freezer. Then I feel guilty and do it all over again. I can lose weight through working it's just when I come home I go Bonkers!
  • ajrossa
    ajrossa Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    kdblpn wrote: »
    I start my calories at 3pm everyday. Thats when i wake up so thats when i start counting for the day. I eat dinner with my family, have a snack about 9pm, lunch at 1am, snack at 4am, and a small meal when i get home.

I think that's what I'll do. I generally eat healthy. Also try to go to the gym 3x per week which can be before work or on a day off. Usually have porridge or a protein bar before and a protein shake after training.
    I eat a home made nut mix as a snack as well as fruit salad or raw veggies such as Kohlrabi or carrots with humous.
    Am trying to eat as little bread as possible but have rye or crisp bread instead.
    Like to have a soup every other day.
    Am drinking a 2l bottle of fresh apple juice mixed with sparkling water.

But I need to learn to resist temptation of foraging when being bored ...
  • ajrossa
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Is there a danger of eating too much during the day befire the first night shift (after being off for four nights) considering I had 3 main meals and snacks during the day but then eat during the night, finishing off with breakfast the next day and not eating until 3pm when I get up?
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Just find a routine and stick to it and your body will get use to anything. I swing shifts and I eat the bulk of my calories during second shift cause that's when I'm hungry.
  • ajrossa
    Options
    I only work nights, 4 on 4 off ...
  • eliza8897
    eliza8897 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Try to eat protein dense foods before your shift. It will curb your hunger and cravings. Eat a light meal when you get home at night like veggies, quinoa, and chicken or fish.
  • ajrossa
    edited October 2015
    Options
    -
  • ajrossa
    Options
    ajrossa wrote: »
    eliza8897 wrote: »
    Try to eat protein dense foods before your shift. It will curb your hunger and cravings. Eat a light meal when you get home at night like veggies, quinoa, and chicken or fish.

I get home 8am and usually have cereals with soy milk and a banana before leaving work.