What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    tlems wrote: »
    I increased my speed on the treadmill from 3.0 to 3.5, and I started C25K.

Way to go! I love C25K. It is a great program. Stick with it!

Thanks! It's been fun so far. I start Week 3 tomorrow.
  • pearso21123
    Options
    Went to the cider mill today and only ate one donut and had one cup of cider. I allowed myself a treat, didn't feel guilty and couldn't believe the difference between how I looked last year as compared to this year! tiuerajg8uej.jpeg

You look great! I took the family to the cider mill on Friday, but ended up having two donuts and half a cup of cider. But we did the corn maze and then walked back to the barn instead of riding the wagon, so burned some extra calories. It was a great day.
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    My 9-year-old son was playing on his tablet and said to me "Mom, if getting healthy was a game, you would have leveled up a few levels."

That's awesome :) Its so wonderful to be healthy role models to our kids :)
  • luvwords1996
    luvwords1996 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm finally out of women's sizes! Wearing "regular" jeans for the 1st time today
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    akboy58 wrote: »
    In shedding weight I've also shed medications. At 255 lbs I was on a heart medication, two blood pressure pills, and a statin for cholesterol. In the process of getting to 175 lbs I've dropped the heart medication, one of the BP pills, and the statin; and just yesterday my doc cut the dose of the remaining blood pressure med in half!

Those are the best NSV's of all. I can identify with that. I was taken off my diabetes meds in June. Congrats!
  • shizmcnally
    shizmcnally Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Went to the cider mill today and only ate one donut and had one cup of cider. I allowed myself a treat, didn't feel guilty and couldn't believe the difference between how I looked last year as compared to this year! tiuerajg8uej.jpeg

You look great! I took the family to the cider mill on Friday, but ended up having two donuts and half a cup of cider. But we did the corn maze and then walked back to the barn instead of riding the wagon, so burned some extra calories. It was a great day.

That's awesome!
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    My husband said I looked thin yesterday :D and he is a brutally honest bloke!
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Oh, Also, I ate sensibly at a family gathering yesterday-bun less burger and just a few chips, no macaroni salad. As for the pastries in the office today, I chose one small scone, ate it, logged it-and wont be going back for more! One and done :)
  • misschiggie123
    misschiggie123 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My 9-year-old son was playing on his tablet and said to me "Mom, if getting healthy was a game, you would have leveled up a few levels."

Thats the sweetest thing in the world , that bought tears to my eyes.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Today I planned all my dinners for the next few weeks, imported all the recipes, and made my grocery list. I fail without a plan, so I finally made a plan!
  • hotasfire36
    hotasfire36 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I have finally started weighing every food item I eat. Even grapes and salad dressing. Believe me when I say I was wayyyyy over estimating.
  • pearso21123
    Options

Thats the sweetest thing in the world , that bought tears to my eyes.

I thought it was pretty funny. Now whenever I'm improving in some way, I think in terms of "leveling up."
  • Yoshirio
    Yoshirio Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Today I realized my shadow is a lot smaller than it use to be lol.
  • CatherineHillin
    CatherineHillin Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My jeans are usually too tight after I wash and dry them, but today they fit perfectly! (I've only been doing this for like three days)
  • bhokanson2015
    bhokanson2015 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Went to the dentist today and everyone noticed right away my transformation, the dentist thanked me for "inspiring" her.. Since I've dropped almost all my weight since the last time i was in there
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Just got back from a week long vacation and didn't beat myself up for the 4 lb bump on the scale. I know it's because of the tremendously indulgent 6 course meal my friends and I treated ourselves to the last night in town. Worth it.

Some NSV's from the trip:
    -Entered a Lava Cave in Arizona. I didn't make it very far in because I got too scared but I got further than I thought I would...I've gotta do better next time.
    -Hiked almost the entire way up the Abineau Trail in the Coconino Forest in Arizona, over 2500 ft elevation change starting at 8000 ft. I'm from Ohio...where our elevation is like max 1500 ft, so to start already that high the air was SO difficult to breathe. I stopped a lot and cried because I was scared I couldn't do it but I did! Until it started snowing, then it was an almost vertical climb down.
    -Hiked part of the Bright Angel Trail at the Grand Canyon after walking almost the entire rim trail earlier in the day. It was breathtaking, even when the clouds rolled in and you couldn't see 5 ft in front of you.
    -Hiked part of the Valley of Fire in Nevada, climbing up to see Elephant Rock, crossing between two rocks through water and going up and down steps completely covered in sand. Me even a year ago would have been too scared.
    -Went out 3 nights in Vegas in sleeveless dresses and didn't worry about needing a cover up or sleeves to hide my arms. Even had some dudes trying to "holla at me for a minute" which blew my mind because have you SEEN Vegas show girls?
    -Got stuck in the middle seat (ugh) on an economy air bus (ughhhh) flying out and didn't feel like I was smothering the other passengers. The seatbelt actually had room to spare. Whoa.
  • silverarcheress
    silverarcheress Posts: 125 Member
    Options

I am definitely going to start thinking like this!
  • G33K_G1RL
    G33K_G1RL Posts: 283 Member
    Options

I am definitely going to start thinking like this!

@pearso21123 @silverarcheress
    The a website called Fitocracy that actually has you level up and gives you badges for different accomplishments. It's aimed more for people who lift weights; cycling, running and cardio tend to be worth less points, though it's hard to judge. I use it as a tracker for my workouts, and it's really fun to get a badge when you hit a milestone!

fitocracy.com

P.S. Follow FitB0t he will track more stats and give you lifetime milestones aka ran 100 km in lifetime, did 1000 crunches, etc.
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    A couple of new ones this week -

I have almost run out of old wardrobe to go shopping in. One skirt, one dress, two pairs of jeans and two pairs of shorts to go :)

Someone I haven't seen for four months noticed, and had the sweetest, most appreciative reaction a person could ever wish for. He was the poster child for discussing someone's weight loss respectfully. Warm fuzzy feelings after that conversation!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!