Petite/Looking to lose the last few lbs!

Options
Hi,

I lost 30 lbs a couple of years ago. I have recently put on 10 lbs and need to get it off. A little looks like a lot on me. I'm 5'3. Lost it last time calorie counting and maintained for years so I will be doing that again. Would love to gain and give support too. Nice to meet everyone.

Replies

• niajones95
    niajones95 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I can understand how hard it is to lose the last ten pounds, I was so close to my original goal and then gained a bit since! Here's to us getting to our goals!
  • TheSwedish
    TheSwedish Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yeah, dieting wise it sucks being so small. Lol. The calories it takes to drop any weight is ridiculous. We can do it though! Cute pic by the way! : )
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3.5" and currently 118 pounds. I started here at the end of June at 139 pounds. My original goal weight was 120, now it's 115 and possibly 110. As long as you eat less than you burn, you can do this!
  • TheSwedish
    TheSwedish Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks hon! Wow, you've done an amazing job! Won't be long until you're at goal! Go us!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Just remember it is a process, not a race. Small weight losses take time, as you have a smaller deficit. Go for 0.5 pounds per week, which is only a 250 calorie per day deficit. Easier deficit to tolerate, and easier to move into maintenance when you reach your goal.
  • tdenbo666
    tdenbo666 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I tried high intensity interval training! There are plenty of videos on YouTube etc! You can normally follow them at home without any equipment! Lost weight fast! Made sure my diet was good but cut out on saturated fats and sugars :) good luck :D
  • mccindy72
    Options
    tdenbo666 wrote: »
    I tried high intensity interval training! There are plenty of videos on YouTube etc! You can normally follow them at home without any equipment! Lost weight fast! Made sure my diet was good but cut out on saturated fats and sugars :)good luck :D

That is not good advice. You should not try to 'lose weight fast' - it's not a race, it's a lifelong journey, a life change. and it's not necessary to cut out foods. That type of behavior and thinking leads to failure. It's entirely possible to eat food you like, in smaller portions, weighing food to ensure accuracy in calorie counting. Enjoy the journey and still lose the weight.
  • tdenbo666
    Options
    I didn't fail, so it didn't lead to failure. I cut out bad foods from my diet. I was having too many foods high in saturated fats and sugars. "Cutting down", as I said, was great for my health. As for the HIIT, it was a great form of exercise that can be done safely within the home. No one said it was a race, I shared my experience as someone asked for it. By fast, I probably lost between 1 and two pounds a week... Maybe your idea of fast is different to mine. Please don't be so quick dismiss people's advise because it's not the same as your own
  • tdenbo666
    Options
    And an extra note, my calorie intake per day was still just over 2000.
  • mccindy72
    Options
    tdenbo666 wrote: »
    I didn't fail, so it didn't lead to failure. I cut out bad foods from my diet. I was having too many foods high in saturated fats and sugars. "Cutting down", as I said, was great for my health. As for the HIIT, it was a great form of exercise that can be done safely within the home. No one said it was a race, I shared my experience as someone asked for it. By fast, I probably lost between 1 and two pounds a week... Maybe your idea of fast is different to mine. Please don't be so quick dismiss people's advise because it's not the same as your own

There's nothing wrong with the exercise. There's nothing wrong with cutting back on those foods. Please re-read what I said - eliminating foods can be an issue, and trying to lose weight fast can be an issue. Those two things, and how they were worded in your original post, are why I said what I did, and I did not dismiss anything about your particular experience.
    Let's not derail this OP's thread now. If you'd like to further discuss your own experience, or my response to your posts, PM me and we can continue this discussion.