Questions about Insanity

Options
Can you take more than one rest day during the week? Or will that stop you from getting results cause sometimes I will take 2-3 rest days a week instead of just one especially if I worked a long day or really sore.

Also I'm a little more than half way through month one of Insanity and I notice I'm gaining a TON of muscle but not losing any fat :( And I dont own a scale so its not like I can weight myself, but when does the fat start to come off? I actually feel like I'm getting bigger cause I'm gaining all muscle but not burning any fat.

Thanks!

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    You won't be gaining muscle unless you are in a calorie surplus.

Are you taking measurements?
    Have you compared a picture of yourself today to how you looked before you started?
    How are you determining that no fat is being lost?
    Are you counting calories?
    Do you log everything you eat?
    Are you weighing your food on a food scale?
  • xMiracat
    xMiracat Posts: 67 Member
    Options

Have you compared a picture of yourself today to how you looked before you started?

no i'm not really counting calories but I am watching what I eat and if I do eat unhealthy I try to eat it in moderation, I'll try to only eat one or two meals a day and small snacks in between thats about it. And I feel like no fat is being lost cause I look fat in the mirror lol.
  • blessingsfromabove721
    Options
    xMiracat wrote: »

no i'm not really counting calories but I am watching what I eat and if I do eat unhealthy I try to eat it in moderation, I'll try to only eat one or two meals a day and small snacks in between thats about it. And I feel like no fat is being lost cause I look fat in the mirror lol.

I did Insanity a while back and felt the exact same way you did. I did 2 months of Insanity and only lost 6 pounds.

That was before I got a kitchen scale. Turns out I was underestimating my calories I was taking in.
    I would recommend counting calories and buying a kitchen scale. If you are actually eating in a deficit, you will lose weight
  • xMiracat
    Options

I did Insanity a while back and felt the exact same way you did. I did 2 months of Insanity and only lost 6 pounds.

That was before I got a kitchen scale. Turns out I was underestimating my calories I was taking in.
    I would recommend counting calories and buying a kitchen scale. If you are actually eating in a deficit, you will lose weight

well because i dont own a scale i will purposely over estimate, like I will look at the nutrition fact on foods and then add like 100-200 calories more so I dont over eat.
  • blessingsfromabove721
    Options

well because i dont own a scale i will purposely over estimate, like I will look at the nutrition fact on foods and then add like 100-200 calories more so I dont over eat.

OK. As long as it is working for you now that's fine. But you do know scales are insanely cheap right? Like $15-20
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    What we think is an overestimate can still be an underestimate.

A food scale has made all the difference for me. I can be much more confident that my calorie calculations are closer to correct.

We can't ever know precisely how many calories we are consuming because of uncontrollable variables. However, we can get mighty close if we weigh all solids, measure all liquids, and double-check the accuracy of the database values for the foods we log.
  • xMiracat
    Options
    seska422 wrote: »
    What we think is an overestimate can still be an underestimate.

A food scale has made all the difference for me. I can be much more confident that my calorie calculations are closer to correct.

We can't ever know precisely how many calories we are consuming because of uncontrollable variables. However, we can get mighty close if we weigh all solids, measure all liquids, and double-check the accuracy of the database values for the foods we log.

I can't afford a food scale I'm lucky enough to have 20$ left over for food after bills which also the reason I only eat once or twice a day.
  • blessingsfromabove721
    Options

My general rule is don't go more than two days without exercise, if you want to exercise.

Also, you never did answer the questions that I have bolded.
  • xMiracat
    Options
    I

My general rule is don't go more than two days without exercise, if you want to exercise.

Also, you never did answer the questions that I have bolded.

I haven't compared pictures
    And I determined no fat is being lost cause when I look in the mirror I look the same except with some muscles.