190 pounds :(( looking to lose weight

Options
Ugh I hate my body, I'm upto 195 pounds and I hate looking at myself In the mirror, junk food temptations are so hard and I can't help but eat them and then regret it constantly, I hate my body and I really wanna see results. My body was always big and I'm tired of it. I honestly want to love myself and have a nice thin body that I can enjoy, it's just so hard

Replies

• amyb12015
    amyb12015 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for a weight loss budy! Also anyone has tips for weight loss? Don't be afraid to add me as well :p
  • gigigonzalez1610
    gigigonzalez1610 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi amyb12015, I understand how you feel was there many time before but you must learn how to love your image is the only way to see progress. Let's work together
  • nikiwescoe
    nikiwescoe Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy. I'm Nicole. I'm right there in your weight range as well. If you're looking to lose my fitness pal is the way to go. And logging your foods has been a life saver for me. I went from 360 pounds to a 190 right now. I invested in a Fitbit hr and committed myself to an exercise routine of walking and running. I know how the junk food temptation works. I have a few tricks if you're interested that work for me and may work for you. I'm still trying to lose more weight as my goal is pre pregnancy or semi lol
  • anapplefortheteacher
    Options
    We take better care of the things we love than the things we hate.
  • anapplefortheteacher
    Options
    I'm along for the journey, so feel free to add me :)
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    Wait, wait, WAIT!. Your profile says you have 97 lbs to lose? Is that accurate?
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    If you're overeating, you want to overeat. Accept that and enjoy the overeating!

Telling yourself that you're a failure for not losing weight when you really don't want to lose it just sets yourself up for misery.

When you want to lose weight, you won't overeat anymore! Just wait until you really want to diet.

Be happy and enjoy whatever you choose to do. :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Eat what you want but weigh and log it accurately and religiously for the next few weeks

Just do that one thing
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I think a 40lbs loss is more reasonable. And lift weights. You will not regret it.
  • ohmyllama
    ohmyllama Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You sound like me a couple months ago. I was 190lbs too, and I couldn't keep myself away from junk food, fast food, pop, etc. Also am trying to get back down in the 90s, weight wise, but I've set my goal to 110lbs as I feel that's more reasonable. I think you'll feel much less stressed out if you set a smaller goal to begin with.

What worked for me was exercise. The more I exercised, the less cravings I had. I've been able to completely break away from junk food!! Have you tried to consistently work out?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    ohmyllama wrote: »
    You sound like me a couple months ago. I was 190lbs too, and I couldn't keep myself away from junk food, fast food, pop, etc. Also am trying to get back down in the 90s, weight wise, but I've set my goal to 110lbs as I feel that's more reasonable. I think you'll feel much less stressed out if you set a smaller goal to begin with.

What worked for me was exercise. The more I exercised, the less cravings I had. I've been able to completely break away from junk food!! Have you tried to consistently work out?

How small are you?
  • jennyzp
    jennyzp Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 55 lbs. Feel free to add me if u need a pal.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    amyb12015 wrote: »
    Ugh I hate my body, I'm upto 195 pounds and I hate looking at myself In the mirror, junk food temptations are so hard and I can't help but eat them and then regret it constantly, I hate my body and I really wanna see results. My body was always big and I'm tired of it. I honestly want to love myself and have a nice thin body that I can enjoy, it's just so hard

Read. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10201207/why-losing-weight-feels-so-effortless-for-me-this-time-around/p1

Best wishes.
  • dizzieblondeuk
    dizzieblondeuk Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I also started at 195lb 4.5months ago - and felt the same way as you, I just wanted not to be fat any more. I'm now 172lb - 23lb down, which is probably slower than a lot of people lose the weight, but I'm just so happy I started! I just have to keep reaffirming my commitment every single day, because that's the only way the weight is going to keep coming off. Every single day, I log my food (prelog wherever possible), I make sure I'm hitting my weekly exercise targets, and very slowly, I can see the difference. But it IS hard - of course it is, otherwise there wouldn't be a multi-billion dollar worldwide diet industry continually sustaining itself with people who try and fail multiple times. Unfortunately, it's more likely that we will fail (statistically speaking), but determined and focused people tend to be the ones that succeed. Be one of those people - don't say things like 'I can't help but eat....'. You can, it's called willpower - you just have to hunt deep inside to find it! I didn't think I had the staying power - I'm actually continually surprising myself!! ;)

You don't have to do anything particularly dramatic to succeed either. Perhaps pick just one meal (breakfast is always the easiest jump-off point, I've found), and find 3-4 breakfast meals that you can make and keep making for the long term. Log the cals on MFP, and look at how much difference that makes to your daily total. That's your first deficit, right there. Then go for a walk! That's a bit more deficit created. And then don't beat yourself up for every time you eat 'junk' food, remember that you had a healthy meal that day.

Start slowly - I didn't change my entire lifestyle in a single day. I started off with healthy <300 cal breakfasts and taking a homemade lunch to work every day. Then, I slowly added in more exercise, and started subbing out the high cal dinner items for salads, veg etc. But, most of all, educate yourself (there are countless threads here on MFP to help you do that) - once you know about calories and macros, you're never going to unlearn that information. It will always help you make better choices.
  • sakurablush
    sakurablush Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I started off this year at somewhere around 191 ibs (I only dared weigh myself in February). It took me a while to find something that worked, but I weighed in yesterday at 144 ibs and am well within a "normal" BMI again. It takes time, but the alternate is even less appealing. Even if it might be hard to hear now - a lot of people on here were in a similar place at one point. This time next year (perhaps more, perhaps less) you could very well feel fine in your skin and a lot better in yourself. A year isn't that long a period of time in the scheme of things.

Good luck, and be safe and healthy!
  • ShashayLee
    ShashayLee Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I finally learned to love myself, no matter what or where i am in my journey to health. I'm finding that this time i'm thinking positive thoughts & trying to stop the negative thoughts. It's not easy but i'm working on it. I'm down 62 pounds on day 143 of my journey. I'm now seeing numbers on my scale i haven't seen in years!
    Start with small steps, small changes & build on that. & remember to forgive yourself if you "cheat" or eating something you shouldn't or go over your calories for the day.
  • ohmyllama
    ohmyllama Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    ohmyllama wrote: »

How small are you?

Pretty small! My healthy weight for many years was 92lbs. I've been down in the 90s on and off and certainly don't look underweight or sickly there (I was underweight for a while on accident, never going back there!!), so I have no problem aiming for that as a goal. This time, I just want to get down there and stay down there.
  • ashleyg2688
    ashleyg2688 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I used this site a year and a half ago and went from 210 to 156 in a short period of time. I worked out constanly and was on diet pills and calorie counting. Eventually I gained most of my weight back and shot up to 187 before I found out I was pregnant. I just had my baby august 24, 2015 and I weigh as of today 185. I am 5 foot 7 btw. I want to get down to 172. I am mainly using the calorie count technique as to time for exercise not always being available but I get it in when I can.

• emmawhths
    emmawhths Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Need to loose 4 stone 8Ibs
    Feel free to add me
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    You can totally lose the desired weight - but you'll still be the same person. Love yourself regardless, you are unique, wonderful and worthy. Weight does not and will not ever define you. Of course, it's good to be physically healthy and I suggest logging into MFP daily for your support, but remember - you are more than a number on the scales. Good luck.