Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Anyone In Lubbock, TX?

Hello all!

There is a strong likelihood I will be at Texas Tech next year starting work on my PhD. I would love to know more about the area, especially about the places I should stay away from, and if anyone can recommend any good places to get an apartment. I'm 36, so I don't want to live in a particularly student-y area, and I want to be sure I know where not to go, even when I visit this winter. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    I'm from there, currently in Ransom Canyon. What a coincidence, I'm going there for my law degree in a little more than a year! I know you're going to Tech, home of all things Red Raiders, but please stay away from Raider Pass. If you see a lady who looks like the one in my profile picture on campus, feel free to wave! I'll even friend you so we can compare notes on the Lubbock life.
  • zcb94
    edited September 2015
    One more note about TTU: although we'll both probably be too busy to keep up with them, Texas Tech is pretty good at most of the sports it offers. I'm currently watching a football game of theirs, and it's getting awesome!
    Edited to correct punctuation
  • LetterToCorinth
    LetterToCorinth Posts: 130 Member
    edited September 2015
    Thanks!! I'm looking forward to the football. :) Concerning Raiders Pass - I'll likely be avoiding any "student housing" in general. I'm too old for that. :)
  • LetterToCorinth
    Bump. :)
  • zcb94
    You mentioned wanting a PhD. What's your major?
  • LetterToCorinth
    Cognitive Psychology
  • zcb94
    Wow! You must be an ambitious soul. I'd crumble under the weight of all that stress! I highly recommend that you take a virtual tour before winter, if you haven't done so. I did that, and had a great time! If you're into this sort of thing, I've heard that Raider Church is an amazing student Chapel, which I wholeheartedly plan to attend!
  • LetterToCorinth
    Cool! I will do that! And it's nice to know there's a good option for a chapel. :)
  • LetterToCorinth
    I am actually planning a trip to Lubbock in January, provided the weather holds out.