Full figured women who have lost 50+ pounds

Options
Ladies,
Did your bust size change much after losing the weight? I've lost 20 and have 50 more to go, so I'm wondering what my chances are of losing weight and inches. Thanks!

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Yes, everything got smaller.

If the band size goes down, the cups get smaller, even if they have the same letter.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    I've lost/maintained around 90 pounds. I'm still 10-15 pounds overweight.

My band size went down a little, but everything else is exactly the same. I actually LOOK a lot bigger through the chest because I have lost all of the surrounding fat.

If you had a large bust before you lost weight, you likely will when you finish losing.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I went from 38 DD/DDD to 34 C/D depending on the brand. Really depends on genetics.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    They've gotten smaller but still about the same ratio between band/chest measurement.
  • 0utrun
    0utrun Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Mine have gotten smaller, but not much. Smaller band size but same cup size.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    0utrun wrote: »

A 38C has the same volume of cup as a 36D and a 40B. So if you're in the same cup size but a band size down, that means the volume of cup has also decreased. (though many women are not in bras that fit properly)
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I have lost 55 pounds and am about half way to my goal. So far in my experience, I have lost inches in the band size more rapidly than in the fullest part of the chest (currently a J cup). In fact there is no place on my body that I have lost faster than in my band size. The second fastest is in my hips. Your results may vary as I have always had a large cup, even when I weighed less.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    My cup size and band size have changed drastically in the 60 pounds I've lost. Which is kinda weird considering I was a large cup size years ago when I was 130 pounds. So I've still got 65 pounds to go so maybe I'll end up with nothing. :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Ladies,
    Did your bust size change much after losing the weight? I've lost 20 and have 50 more to go, so I'm wondering what my chances are of losing weight and inches. Thanks!

36DD/E to a 34C so 4 cup sizes

I am in mourning
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    WBB55 wrote: »
    0utrun wrote: »

A 38C has the same volume of cup as a 36D and a 40B. So if you're in the same cup size but a band size down, that means the volume of cup has also decreased. (though many women are not in bras that fit properly)

Yep--my band size went down and my cup size went up.
  • luvwords1996
    luvwords1996 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses! Looks like it's a "I'm not gonna know until I lose the weight" kind of thing. It's amazing how different everyone's experiences have been with this. I would like to be some smaller, so I hope that's the way it goes. We'll see!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    They've gotten smaller but still about the same ratio between band/chest measurement.
    I tried editing my post above, but while I was typing the time limit to edit posts ran out.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't know what my bra size was at my heaviest. I was wearing those stretchy sports bras that don't come in normal bra sizing.
    When I did get around to buying a bra that fit in 2014 it was a 38F. I'm a 30F now. So yes they are smaller, but they are staying in proportion with my band size. So they still look large in comparison to the rest of my body. It's definitely a genetic thing. I was this way before I gained weight, so I don't expect it's going to change without surgery. My mom swears it must be a dormant gene that skipped a couple generations, because her, her sister, and my grandmothers on both sides of the family are fairly small chested (all A & B cups).
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    My breasts went down proportionally to my band size. My challenge is the excess skin and fat means I have very floppy sisters.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    My breasts went down proportionally to my band size. My challenge is the excess skin and fat means I have very floppy sisters.

Yeah well my whole body is looking a little deflated right now.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    Thanks for the responses! Looks like it's a "I'm not gonna know until I lose the weight" kind of thing. It's amazing how different everyone's experiences have been with this. I would like to be some smaller, so I hope that's the way it goes. We'll see!

Are there any thin women in your family with a body habitus similar to your own? That might give you an idea of what you are going to look like.
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

Are there any thin women in your family with a body habitus similar to your own? That might give you an idea of what you are going to look like.

Great point. Areas where fat deposits are genetic, your problem areas will always remain problem areas if you put the weight back on/become less active.

I'm down 50 pounds, I've definitely lost weight in my chest but I look more proportionate now anyway so it doesn't really bother me.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    I've lost 50 lbs. My rib measurement (band size) is one inch less and my bust is actually one inch larger. Sooo. . . ? My family tends to be larger in the chest no matter what they weigh.
  • ShashayLee
    ShashayLee Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    62 pounds down, & i'm down from a 46 band to a 40
  • luvwords1996
    luvwords1996 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Ashtoretet wrote: »

Great point. Areas where fat deposits are genetic, your problem areas will always remain problem areas if you put the weight back on/become less active.

I wish I could say there are thin women in my family to compare too, but everyone is overweight. We're all working on our weight though!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've lost inches everywhere. I hoping and assuming I'll get back close to the bust size I previously had at my goal weight, just have to wait and see.
    SW 301
    CW 189
    GW 150-145