50-100 pound weight loss?

Options
Anyone needing to lose in this weight range? Any struggles or advice?

Replies

• ursospecial87
    ursospecial87 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Consistency is everything
  • DLMitch22
    DLMitch22 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I needed to lose 106... Now I only need to lose 76...., it was easy at first the weight fell off quick now it's getting harder as I am getting healthier but I am still losing ....
  • cenga
    cenga Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think the main thing is to keep doing what you're doing if it's working. For me it's eating 600~800 calories a day and it's working but make sure you are eating healthy or you'll feel dizzy. And drink lots of water because water curbs hunger! It's going to take a few months but if you push yourself to believe in your goals you will eventually shed the weight.
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I have in total 180 to lose. I have lost about 45 of it so far. Like others have said be consistent, log your food, get a food scale ( weight your solids and measure your liquids). Find some sort of exercise you like. For me I enjoy walking and I'm restarting c25k (a program to help to get to me to run/job a 5k). Hell even if you wanna exercise that's fine. As long your your eating at a deficit you will lose. Most of all have fun! Life is short, do your best and if you mess up just dust them shoulders off and keep swimming
  • amez_7
    amez_7 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Me! I have lots to lose :(
  • 4homer
    Options
    cenga wrote: »
    I think the main thing is to keep doing what you're doing if it's working. For me it's eating 600~800 calories a day and it's working but make sure you are eating healthy or you'll feel dizzy. And drink lots of water because water curbs hunger! It's going to take a few months but if you push yourself to believe in your goals you will eventually shed the weight.

So much no. Eating that low can be dangerous. Eat what mfp tells you
  • ApolakiKali
    ApolakiKali Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    4homer wrote: »

So much no. Eating that low can be dangerous. Eat what mfp tells you

Agreed. 600-800 really is concerning. I was just playing with the BMR calculator and the closest i could get that low of a caloric maintenance intake is if a person was 80 years old, 4'7" and weighed 70 lbs. Even the most aggressive calorie restriction programs I've heard of, often associated with bariatric patients, is still 800-1000 and that's only for a short period and with doctor supervision. Not trying to pile up on Cenga and I know we don't know all your health details, but please consider adding a little more to your meal plans or speak to a medical professional about your intake just to be on the safe side.
  • archanajoyce
    archanajoyce Posts: 219 Member
    Options

If a person has over 50 lbs to lose, it's not going away in a day or two. In my opinion a 600-800 calorie diet is dangerously low to be on for an extended period of time. I have lost 107 lbs in over a year and on a 1200 calorie / day. But I do eat back exercise calories and keep a watch on my body fat %. While I respect everyone's opinion, my suggestion would be not to eat less than 1200 a day, while drinking plenty of water and a combination of cardio and strength training. Lifestyle change is what worked for me... Please consult a professional if you are still unsure.
  • 4homer
    Options

If a person has over 50 lbs to lose, it's not going away in a day or two. In my opinion a 600-800 calorie diet is dangerously low to be on for an extended period of time. I have lost 107 lbs in over a year and on a 1200 calorie / day. But I do eat back exercise calories and keep a watch on my body fat %. While I respect everyone's opinion, my suggestion would be not to eat less than 1200 a day, while drinking plenty of water and a combination of cardio and strength training. Lifestyle change is what worked for me... Please consult a professional if you are still unsure.
    I agree about the exercise calories. I eartback 50-75% of mine though
  • alien_type0
    alien_type0 Posts: 16 Member
    Options

600-800? That's how much I was eating when I had an eating disorder. I think the lowest you can eat is 1000 calories and it has to be purely nutritional food under the supervision of a doctor. I hope you mean your net calories.... I'll eat 1200 a day but burn 400-700 which would make me look like I was only taking in 500-800 but still eating enough.
  • Ambymaries
    Ambymaries Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My biggest struggle is being ok with the fact that healthy weight loss is going to take more time than I want it to :P But trying to re-frame it as "delayed gratification" :P
  • amberlyda1
    amberlyda1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    i have about 80 more pounds to loose, sad thing i gained all that in less than 2 years :(. Im down 20 since my doctor visit in June. I hope to be back in my old pants by next Christmas. It seems so long from now. Just dont give up!
  • nursekirsty
    nursekirsty Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    i need to lose 100lbs - feel free to add me