Sharp Pains while Squatting (HELP NEEDED)

Options
Hey guys,
Ive been lifting for about a month now and I started squating on leg day about two weeks ago. Last week and this week I feel a sharp pain on my left hip flexor to my outer pelvis region (also in between obliques and abs). I feel the pain not as Im going down but when I begin to go up it is a very sharp pain and I had to end a few reps early on my sets because the pain was getting rough. Need some help for stretches and things I can do to help my problem. Also the first time I did leg press i felt the same pain but not anymore. Help me out please

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    The safe answer for sharp pain is to see a doctor.

A pinched nerve could cause spreading pain like that. I think a hernia could too, but not usually.

What ab exercises have you been doing?
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Hi Brendan,

I posted this exact same question about a month a go and I went to the doctor about this yesterday. At first I thought it could of been a hernia but turns out that it wasn't as hernia's occur lower down. However, the doctor has put me through for an Ultrasound as she believes I may of torn something by going too heavy too quickly.
  • BrendanLacey
    BrendanLacey Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    defmut3 wrote: »
    Hi Brendan,

I posted this exact same question about a month a go and I went to the doctor about this yesterday. At first I thought it could of been a hernia but turns out that it wasn't as hernia's occur lower down. However, the doctor has put me through for an Ultrasound as she believes I may of torn something by going too heavy too quickly.

Thats pretty concerning hope all comes out well. The thing that confuses me is the only excercise this occurs with is Squatting and its pretty off and on. One rep it could happen slightly another it may not. Also I dont feel pain outside of the gym ever only when squatting lol. Ive been doing stretches and icing hoping its nothing serious.
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,
    Ive been lifting for about a month now and I started squating on leg day about two weeks ago. Last week and this week I feel a sharp pain on my left hip flexor to my outer pelvis region (also in between obliques and abs). I feel the pain not as Im going down but when I begin to go up it is a very sharp pain and I had to end a few reps early on my sets because the pain was getting rough. Need some help for stretches and things I can do to help my problem. Also the first time I did leg press i felt the same pain but not anymore. Help me out please

Do the muscles feel tight? DO you have trouble getting down all the way when you squat? How wide is your stance?
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    how's your form