Upcoming Wedding: Brides-to-be support group

Options
I'm Aly and I'm getting married in March. Just started using MyFitnessPal for calorie counts. Looking to lose as much as I can (goal 40lbs) before the big day in order to look and feel my best. Anyone else in the same boat? We can do this together!

Replies

• mummybananapants1
    Options
    Hi! I'm getting married June 2017 so got while yet! But using that as my motivation to get in and stay in shape! Feel free to add me x
  • sally2303
    sally2303 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

Congrats on your upcoming nupts :)

I am also getting married in 2016 (May) I still need to loose about 18kg so same as you approx 40 pounds, and again same in that as much as I can lose by then I will be happy. Already I have lost 12kg from my heaviest but seem stuck just above 80kg.

Good luck and feel free to add me also!
  • LuckyAndi
    LuckyAndi Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weddings, ladies!

We don't have a date set in stone yet, but we're discussing October 2017. I know that's ages away (for most people, right?), but I want to lose the weight and have a strong handle on my healthy lifestyle before then so I can focus on the big day.

Right now my goal is 150lbs, which is 37lbs from where I am. I just started in August, but I'm happy with the results I've seen so far. Once I get to 150 I'll reevaluate and see how I feel and look.

Good luck to you all!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Good luck lovely ladies!

Make sure you read MFP for all the handy tips on maintaining your weight once you reach your goal.

Don't be like me 25 years ago and balloon up after the wedding! :)

Learning to eat at your calorie limit (whether to lose, gain, or maintain weight) is a skill for life.
  • alyssarenea1996
    alyssarenea1996 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to everyone! I'm getting married in July of 2016 and hoping to lose as much as possible before then. My long term goal is to lose 73 pounds.
  • Tay_MB93
    Tay_MB93 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Congrats all! I am getting married July 2016. I've lost 30+ pounds and hope to lose at least another 50 before the big day. Feel free to add me, it's always good to have supportive friends in your corner.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Hello! Congrats all around. I'm getting married in August 2016, it's giving me an extra boost for weight loss. I recently bought my dress, it fits now but it will look even better once I lose some more weight and can show off the muscle definition in my upper body.
  • CatherineHillin
    CatherineHillin Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm not engaged yet, but I know he's going to ask any day now :) that's why I'm trying to lose weight, to get a jump start on it! Good luck everyone!
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I just got married on September 18 and was able to lose 25 pounds by then. I wish I could have lost more, but oh well :D Congrats!
  • SarahSloth342634
    SarahSloth342634 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, congratulations on the weddings. I'm getting married next March. Trying to lose the last few pounds and tone up.
  • zane856
    zane856 Posts: 60 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Same! Getting married in June, trying my hardest to lose 25 total (down 10 so far) and started this past August. My biggest concern is what happens when the wedding is over, does life go back to normal and the weight slowly creeps back on? It is a sad scary thought. And how do you keep from going nutso on the honeymoon with all the food and alcohol available!? I feel like all the hard work will be undone within a month after the wedding. Has anyone thought about these things and have good advice?
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    zane856 wrote: »
    Same! Getting married in June, trying my hardest to lose 25 total (down 10 so far) and started this past August. My biggest concern is what happens when the wedding is over, does life go back to normal and the weight slowly creeps back on? It is a sad scary thought. And how do you keep from going nutso on the honeymoon with all the food and alcohol available!? I feel like all the hard work will be undone within a month after the wedding. Has anyone thought about these things and have good advice?

You need to forget about the wedding being your day to reach your goal. Sounds crazy, but it's the truth!

Instead, make your goal to be learning how to eat at your calorie limit for life, by logging and weighing all your food in MFP for probably years, if not forever.

Caloric awareness is a skill for life, and MFP can help you learn it, then be useful for tweaking your weight should you go too high or too low over the years.
  • kirstyk05
    kirstyk05 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hiya ladies :smile:

Im very recently engaged (August 2015) and planning my wedding for September 2017

Feel free to add me xx
  • Thistimeitsdifferent1984
    Options
    Hi girls,
    I'm getting married June 2016. I only have a about 10 lbs to lose but Id like not to be panicking coming close to the time. Let's use our weddings as motivation to finally get to goal weight and stay there!!
  • brittanycoop9
    brittanycoop9 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married May 2016 as well! Congratulations everyone!
  • mel_high
    mel_high Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'm getting married April 2 2016! And I'm trying to lose some weight so I can feel good in the dress and in my photos! My goal is to be in onederland before April!
    Congrats to all!
  • purebells
    purebells Posts: 83 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Hey all - April 2016 bride here with 5 kilos that need to go!

What are people doing in the form of exercise in conjunction with MFP?

** I have a bridal profile pic to keep me motivated! Not me! :)
  • Thistimeitsdifferent1984
    Options
    Hey purebells, Congratulations on the up and coming wedding.
    I'm doing a couch to 10k running app and lots of Pilates. This is only week one. I've only lost Water weight so far but it's still nice to see the scale down 4lbs. :smile:
    What is everyone else doing?
  • purebells
    purebells Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am also doing C25K, hot yoga, weights and various classes at the gym. Have been trying to mix it up.

I have lost 2.5 kilos in around 8 weeks so far. ☺