Can you lose 15 lbs in 30 days?

Options
Is it possible to go from 165 to 150 in 30 days in a safe way?

I am in a wedding in 30 days, surrounded by 4 other ladies that are all a size 0. I am really having a tough time with the thought of this. Anyone have this happen before?

I know 150 still isn't skinny but I couldn't be a size 0, and I wouldn't want to be.

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    No.

There's really nothing more that needs to be said. The answer is that simple and that obvious.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    You probably should've started 6 months ago instead of waiting until the last minute.

No, there is no way you can lose 15 lbs in 30 days in a healthy way.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    No, that's way too aggressive a loss.
  • mrnobodi95
    mrnobodi95 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Trying to lose that much weight would be losing more than 3.5 lbs per week. It's not recommended to lose more than 2 lbs per week. I'd say the most important thing is to try to find a healthy amount of weight to lose per week and just stick with that. Don't worry about those size 0 ladies, I'm sure you'll be killing it too at the wedding!
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    mrnobodi95 wrote: »
    Trying to lose that much weight would be losing more than 3.5 lbs per week. It's not recommended to lose more than 2 lbs per week. I'd say the most important thing is to try to find a healthy amount of weight to lose per week and just stick with that. Don't worry about those size 0 ladies, I'm sure you'll be killing it too at the wedding!

And even 2 lbs a week would be inadvisable for someone trying to lose (relatively) little.

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't expect more than 1 lb per week loss, and honestly you would probably have to make yourself miserable to lose faster, and then you wouldn't have any fun at the wedding! This is something you really needed to plan for earlier.

Get yourself a nice pair of spanx that will suck it all in for you. The week before the wedding, try to eat low sodium, avoid things that make you bloat, and drink lots of water so you aren't bloated or carrying water weight. Then have great time, because I doubt anyone at the wedding other than you will be thinking about how much you weigh.

And in the meantime, start now on a healthy weight loss plan with a goal of 1 lb per week loss, so you can lose ALL the extra weight, and keep it off so you don't have to stress about it anymore.

Seriously, don't stress about it! We are always more critical of our appearance than anyone else is. Just enjoy yourself and use this as motivation going forward. Good luck :drinker:
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    In 30 days, you'll be lucky if you lose about 4-6 pounds (there's no way you'll be losing at 2 pounds a week at your weight, let alone anything more than that). If anything, get a good pair of Spanx, have the dress tailored, and project self confidence. Looking and feeling self-confident at a size 12 is a lot more attractive than being self-conscious at a size 0.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    The maximum you could safely lose is 10 pounds; any more than that and you risk gaining weight back. Surely you knew you would be in this wedding more than 30 days ago?
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    no. should've started a few months ago.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    You shouldn't expect more than 1 lb per week loss, and honestly you would probably have to make yourself miserable to lose faster, and then you wouldn't have any fun at the wedding! This is something you really needed to plan for earlier.

Get yourself a nice pair of spanx that will suck it all in for you. The week before the wedding, try to eat low sodium, avoid things that make you bloat, and drink lots of water so you aren't bloated or carrying water weight. Then have great time, because I doubt anyone at the wedding other than you will be thinking about how much you weigh.

And in the meantime, start now on a healthy weight loss plan with a goal of 1 lb per week loss, so you can lose ALL the extra weight, and keep it off so you don't have to stress about it anymore.

Seriously, don't stress about it! We are always more critical of our appearance than anyone else is. Just enjoy yourself and use this as motivation going forward. Good luck :drinker:

This
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Do your very best to view the wedding as a great celebration, not a competition. You will look your best if you are happy, relaxed, energetic, and standing tall.

If I were you I'd do a little cardio every other day up to the wedding to put a glow in your cheeks, about twenty minutes a day. Eat a balanced diet full of good foods. Hydrate. Practice a confident, happy stance in front of the mirror. Ninety percent of confidence is posture. A week before the wedding get your final fitting, and if need be, invest in a well-fitting, firming undergarment. It's the fit that makes the dress, not your final weight.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options

I am in a wedding in 30 days, surrounded by 4 other ladies that are all a size 0. I am really having a tough time with the thought of this. Anyone have this happen before?

I know 150 still isn't skinny but I couldn't be a size 0, and I wouldn't want to be.

It really isn't healthy or sustainable to lose that much that quickly.
    If you do lose 15 lbs it may not change your appearance much for the better. If you starving yourself you will probably not look and feel your best.
    You could set a reasonable goal of 1 lb a week and lose 4-5 lbs if 30 days.
    Work on not comparing yourself to other people.
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I lost 10 lbs in my first month, but that was due to the usual water weight loss initially and then 2 lbs a week after that.

That was definitely my biggest loss period.
  • Juniper3411
    Juniper3411 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Depends how crappy you've been eating up until now. If you're just starting out you could lose a decent amount of water weight in the first week. I lost 14 pounds in a little over a month but the first 8 was totally all bloat lol

• Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    How long have you known you were going to be in this wedding?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    1. No - that is not possible in a healthy way, or probably even in an unhealthy way.
    2. If you did lose the weight - wouldn't you have to have your dress altered?
    3. People don't look at the bridesmaids. They look at the bride - as they should.
    4. Spanxx. That is all.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options

No. Going from 365 to 350, probably yes. From 165 to 150, no. Not unless you are 3 feet tall.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options

Giving birth to twins maybe. Other than that you should have started about 4 - 5 months ago.
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    The best you can realistically achieve is 2 pounds per week, which I have never actually sustained on average over months of weight loss. The lighter you are the harder it gets. So you could possibly lose 10 pounds if you were very diligent over the next 30 days. But you'll have to buy/fit a dress before then, right? So realistically you don't have 30 days.