Mom motivation!

Options
hey everyone!! I just started using MFP (again, hehe) and was looking for tips and tricks when you're a stay at home mom! my son eats super healthy and yet I still feel like I eat junk! we also walk and go to parks, swimming, etx but what else do you to stay activate?

tips and tricks are must appreciated!!

Replies

• MaliRadojica
    MaliRadojica Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem, so I bought Treadmill. First I was doing jogging and brisk walking once a day, but there was weeks I didn't lost any weight. I realize that I am not moving enough when I am at home. So I started instead of one strong training a day, brisk walking 10 minutes every hour. That makes me extra 350 calories every day which I mostly don't eat back, and I lose one kg every week.
  • Wizeman22
    Wizeman22 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I will walk my boys to the park when it's nice. For me this means getting out the double stroller. The closest park is about 1 mile away, but their favorite is 3 miles away. Which park we go to depends on how I feel and how much time we have.

I do workout videos at home. When there awake, I stick to the Fitness Walk type. Why? Because it's easy to stop if they need something and when I've done any other videos that require me to get down on the floor, they try crawling on top of me. The walking videos, they will try to do with me. One video I was doing had lunges in it. It showed people with weights and without. I wasn't using weights. My 3 yr old I guess decided I wasn't working hard enough and brought me the 5 lb dumbbells. :laugh:
  • MrsCaitlinBeltran
    MrsCaitlinBeltran Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I definitely try to move more during the day. My almost 2 year will do yoga with me and it's fun to do together. I also run in place ten minutes at a time a couple times throughout the day. I also just try to play a lot so I am not constantly thinking about food, lol. I hope you find a few tricks that work for you! :)
  • TiffanyBeckett
    TiffanyBeckett Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I am a stay at home mom too! 7 year old girl and 9 month girl trying for another one
  • TiffanyBeckett
    TiffanyBeckett Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Idk why it didn't finish what I wrote! But feel free to add me.