Measuring and Logging CrossFit Workouts

Options
I do CrossFit 5 days/week and wanted to know if anyone has found an efficient way to log other than breaking down the strength and endurance aspects? I'd love to be able to say "CrossFit - 55 mins" and be done with it. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• psoasi
    psoasi Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am using endomondo to log and track all my workouts. I use also a bluetooth heart rate monitor with it.
    You can log your exercise in endomondo and, if you have paired this app with My Fitness Pal, it will automatically put your calories in MFP exercises.

I don't know if is this what are you looking for.
    In MFP it will appear as strength, aerobics, walking... not specifically as CrossFit, but at least you don't have to log it manually every day.

https://endomondo.com/invite/si?id=40rs0d5k4p9n26b3m4e4x
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    You can create your own exercise. If you are consistent in your workouts, there's no need to estimate your calorie burn. Guesstimate your TDEE and see what your weight does, adjust intake accordinly.
  • psoasi
    psoasi Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    _benjammin wrote: »
    You can create your own exercise. If you are consistent in your workouts, there's no need to estimate your calorie burn. Guesstimate your TDEE and see what your weight does, adjust intake accordinly.

You will be amazed how your calories can change from one day to another. I'm constant with my workouts and sometimes there is a difference of more than 100 calories.
    Of course you can make an estimation, but if you have the chance, I think that tracking them will give you better results and of course, a motivation to push yourself a little bit more :smile:
  • _benjammin
    Options
    psoasi wrote: »
    _benjammin wrote: »

You will be amazed how your calories can change from one day to another. I'm constant with my workouts and sometimes there is a difference of more than 100 calories.
    Of course you can make an estimation, but if you have the chance, I think that tracking them will give you better results and of course, a motivation to push yourself a little bit more :smile:

^Sure, but I'm talking about weekly averages. I understand each workout burn may vary more than 100 calories but if you are consistent week to week with your workouts, keep 7 day rolling averages of calories and weight, it doesn't really matter how much you are burning each workout. If your calories are consistent (assumes precise logging) you'll know if you are at/above/or below maintenance.
  • _benjammin
    edited October 2015
    Options
    opps, nevermind, just looked at OP's profile.