How do I tighten my inner thighs, and angel wing arms?

Options
2»

Replies

• happyhah
    happyhah Posts: 14
    Options
    Running is great but i have asthma and I HATE the heat, so I like using the stationary bike... not only is it low impact but it also tightens the back of your thighs as well as your inner thigh. I also on a leg day will use the inner and outer thigh weight machines. 2 reps of 15 or 3 reps of 10 every other day. Alos don't underestimate lying on the floor in front of the TV doing leg lift reps. There are alot of inner and outer thigh floor exercises that you can do with or without resistance bands in the comfort of your own home that work! Just make sure you are increasing reps, etc. and doing them properly for results. Also a great way to build core strength is lay on your side propped up on your elbow (like you may watch tv, etc. on the floor) then lift your torso and hip off the ground... you can be propped up on the side of your foot or on your knee... hold this position for the count of 10, then release, then do it again... do this as many times as you can and increase over time... it is very good for you. =) It is kind like a yoga plank position but instead of holding in a pushup position you are sideways on one side in a triagular position

for the "angel wings"... much better than my name for them.. "bat flaps" (I hate mine) the very best thing for them is tricep kick backs with weights (some people call it the hammer) you can sit or stand. lean forward a bit, hold the weight in your hand with elbow bent towards the back, and then straighten your arm Squeezing your tricep...2 reps of 15 or 3 reps of 10 every other day.
    Also you can with a weight in your hand put your arm straight up, then bend your elbow so it is next to your head and straighten your arm, then bend, straighten then bend... kind of like raising your hand in class....again flexing/squeezing your tricep for 2 reps of 15 or 3 reps of 10. Do not use weights that are too heavy for you... 3 to 5 lb weights are a good start you want to use something that offers you resistance but not too much so you are struggling... I wouldn't go any higher than 8lbs. the amount of reps you do is more important than how heavy a weight you can lift. Another very good ooption is using a resistance band instead since you can freely change the resistance on a band. Every trainer will tell you that these are the only real working options to get rid of the "wings".
  • lulusmom
    lulusmom Posts: 71
    Options
    For inner thigh: plier/ballerina squats
    side-to-side lunges
    lay flat on your back with your legs straight in the air and open and close

For 'bat wings': triceps curl
    triceps kick back
    pushups (works chest but also triceps and core)

This. Also reverse flies.
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    side-to-side lunges

triceps kick back

What are reverse flies?
  • UpToTheChallenge
    Options
    Run like hell

Love it.

Also, squats and lunges for the thighs. Do a BodyPump class if you have one near you or at the gym you go to. I have noticed a significant change in my arms and thighs!
  • lulusmom
    Options
    side-to-side lunges

triceps kick back

What are reverse flies?

This was the best I could find in a quick google search: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnpEWnwUyw4

Go with very light weights and focus on using your upper triceps and major/minor teres.
  • lulusmom
    Options
    dp
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    side-to-side lunges

triceps kick back

What are reverse flies?

This was the best I could find in a quick google search: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnpEWnwUyw4

Go with very light weights and focus on using your upper triceps and major/minor teres.

Oooooooo Gotcha! Ok. :) Thanks!
  • JulieF11
    JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I've lost a lot of weight, and found that extra wiggly skin you are talking about... I am swimming, biking, and doing C25K right now, I've been exercising for about four weeks now... and my arms aren't wiggly at all anymore, but they are very muscular looking, not so feminine and thin like I'd like to see. But I guess I'll take the muscle over the wiggly. My inner thighs are still a little droopy, but I think that's because I've lost several inches in each thigh. It's easy enough to cover with shorts... and I'm gonna buy a pair of compression shorts for running. I'm hoping those hold in my yucky upper thighs and droopy stomach too. But really, I'll take the extra skin over the fat! I can hide the skin in clothing.

I think the only hope for those of us who have lost a ton of weight is to fill that extra skin with muscle or get the extra skin cut off. I'll never be willowy thin. But I'm okay with that.
  • lovemyhellokitty
    lovemyhellokitty Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump :)
  • MoonMyst3
    MoonMyst3 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • pizzygirltx
    Options
    bump
  • pizzygirltx
    Options
    bump
  • pizzygirltx
    Options
    bump
  • happyhah
    happyhah Posts: 14
    Options
    Reverse flies: hold both weights or bands in your hands and then pull up and back then forward, then backward again in reps... kind of like if you were a bird flapping her wings or if you were in a pool treading water.
  • ande2994
    ande2994 Posts: 136
    Options
    Run like hell

Love it.

Also, squats and lunges for the thighs. Do a BodyPump class if you have one near you or at the gym you go to. I have noticed a significant change in my arms and thighs!

BodyPump at the YMCA -- the first time I did it, I almost couldn't get down the stairs from my bedroom! But I kept going and before long I had definition in my little chicken arms for the first time in my life! Great class.
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Got to do cardio and strength training. Cardio burns the fat, strength training will tone the muscles to fill up the skin where the fat was hanging.
    Also diet and strength training will work.
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    bump 4 later