Best way to prepare oats and peanut butter

Options
DevilFrogger43
DevilFrogger43 Posts: 29 Member
Hey guys, what's the best way to prepare Oats and Peanut butter so it doesn't just turn into one blobby mess or paste?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I cook the oats then add the nut butter. If it turns I to a paste, use more water.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    ^^^ Same. I cook the oats first, then stir in the nut butter while they're still hot so it misses in easier.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    ^ yep, the only thing necessary in peanut butter is one ingredient: peanuts.
  • tricialopezmail
    tricialopezmail Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I think it would be good to use the regular oats without cooking, and stir in just enough crunchy peanut butter to make a thick dough, then roll them into 1" balls, roll the balls in dry oats, and refrigerate them to eat for healthy snacks. They are much better for you if you don't cook them.
  • hcrabb78
    hcrabb78 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think it would be good to use the regular oats without cooking, and stir in just enough crunchy peanut butter to make a thick dough, then roll them into 1" balls, roll the balls in dry oats, and refrigerate them to eat for healthy snacks. They are much better for you if you don't cook them.

I do this for snacks after a work out. I'll add in dried cranberries and even choc chips for a little pick me up. You can add whatever you like.
  • DevilFrogger43
    Options

That's a fab idea, I will try that for sure. Does natural peanut butter freeze too?
  • DevilFrogger43
    Options
    Thank you for all the answers
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    you could try PB2, its powdered peanut butter. add two tablespoons to you oats and sweeten to taste, then add water and cook.
  • ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    you could try PB2, its powdered peanut butter. add two tablespoons to you oats and sweeten to taste, then add water and cook.

This is what I've been doing because I'm trying to get a little more protein. So good!
  • DevilFrogger43
    Options
    Unsure we have PB2 in Australia?